If you’re wondering how to disable Arcane Turrets in Baldur’s Gate 3, you’ve come to the right place.
If you’re playing Baldur’s Gate 3 and want to explore The Arcane Tower in the Underdark region, you’ll want to know how to get past the Arcane Turrets that protect it. Although you won’t need to enter the tower as part of any quests, you can find many useful items and learn about its history. So if you’re a true BG3 fan, it’s a must for you to explore every corner of this Arcane Tower. This guide will show you how to disable Arcane Turrets in Baldur’s Gate 3.
How to Get Past The Gnarled Door in Baldur’s Gate 3
If you’re wondering how to get past the Gnarled Door in Baldur’s Gate 3, you’ve come to the right place.
BG3: How to Disable Arcane Turrets
If Arcane Turrets have become an obstacle for you, you can take one of these steps to disable them:
- The first way is to destroy the turrets with spells.
- The second way is to get to The Arcane Tower and bypass the turrets to disable them from the inside.
Speaking of the first method, you note that Arcane Turrets are resistant to most types of damage. Nevertheless, you can use anything that deals Bludgeoning or Radiant Damage, but be prepared that the effectiveness of such attacks can be quite low. Only if you reach level 5 and cast Sacred Flame with Shadowheart on them, you can destroy the turret in a few shots.
Alternatively, you can do it another way, namely, use something that deals Lightning Damage. This option will be more efficient because then Arcane Turrets will take double damage when they are hit. Below are some of the spells and items that deal Lightning Damage:
- Arrow of Lightning
- Breath weapon of a Blue Dragonborn
- Chromatic Orb (1st level spell)
- Lightning Bolt (3rd level spell)
- The Shocking Hands cantrip
- Witch Bolt spell (1st level)
Baldur’s Gate 3: Should You Save Korrilla?
During your Baldur’s Gate 3 journey, you’ll meet a Dwarf girl, Korrilla. Learn whether you should save her or not with this quick guide.
Alternatively, you can disable Arcane Turrets if you manage to get into The Arcane Tower. Once you are inside, you need to follow the below steps:
- First, you’ll need to move to the west side of the building and jump out of it into the garden below. To protect yourself from unnecessary damage, we recommend that you use Feather Fall.
- When you are in the garden, you have to find a tree that glows blue. You’ll have to get the Sussur Bloom flower from it.
- When you have the flower, return to Arcane Tower through the garden door.
- As you go through the door, you’ll find yourself on the bottom floor of the tower, where you’ll have to find the Power Generator and place the flower you just found inside.
- This way, you can not only permanently disable all the turrets in the tower, but also turn on the elevator and all the possible lighting. A nice bonus is that you will get a chance to reach a very interesting NPC named Bernard.