Here’s everything you need to know about the Mask of the Shapeshifter in Baldur’s Gate 3, including how to get and use it.
The endless variety of gameplay features is one of the many reasons why Baldur’s Gate 3 is so popular, and with Mask of the Shapeshifter, you can make the playthrough even more diverse. With this mask, players can change the character’s appearance every day, including race, body type, and gender. While you won’t be able to customize everything to the smallest detail, it will make the game more fun.
Thanks to Mask of the Shapeshifter, players can fully experience the potential of character creation and even use it in some game situations. Unfortunately, though, this item is exclusive to a specific version of the game and is not easy to obtain.
How to Get Past The Gnarled Door in Baldur’s Gate 3
If you’re wondering how to get past the Gnarled Door in Baldur’s Gate 3, you’ve come to the right place.
BG3: Where to Find Mask of the Shapeshifter
To get the Mask of the Shapeshifter in Baldur’s Gate 3, players must purchase the Digital Deluxe version of the game. If you bought the game in Early Access, you must upgrade it to the Digital Deluxe Edition to find the desired item. It is the only way to get the mask since there is no way you can find it as you progress through the game or buy it separately.
After fulfilling the first requirement, you must get to Traveler’s Chest to pick up the mask and other Deluxe Edition rewards. You will find it in your Campsite, and by looking inside, you can pick up the following rewards:
- Mask of the Shapeshifter
- Lute of the Merryweather Bard
- Bicorne of the Sea Beast
- Needle of the Outlaw Rogue
- Cape of the Red Prince
Baldur’s Gate 3: How to Unlock The Slayer Form
Here, we’ll tell you everything about Slayer Form in Baldur’s Gate 3, including all the possible ways you can get it and what it can do.
BG3: How to Use Mask of the Shapeshifter
Once you find the Mask of the Shapeshifter, you can move it to your inventory and equip it in the helmet slot. After this, a new Shapeshift spell will appear in your spells hotbar, which you can use as follows:
- Cast Shapeshift like any spell.
- Choose from dozens of preset appearance options and let the game put the finishing touches on your look. As we said, you won’t be able to customize everything to the smallest detail, but most aspects of the appearance are in your hands.
- After activating the spell, a Dispel Disguise spell appears in your hotbar, which returns your appearance to normal. But if you do not use it, your character will return to its appearance after a day.
- The Shapeshift spell is more of a Cantrip or Scroll, as it doesn’t consume spell slots or break concentration.
- Unlike the Disguise Self spell or Scroll of Disguise Self, the mask effect has no weakness and cannot be dispelled until the end of the day or until you decide to return to your standard form.
- If you are playing co-op, you can use the Shapeshift spell and give the Mask of the Shapeshifter to another player. The mask effect will not disappear even after you give the item. Therefore, you will be able to change the appearance of the entire team.