Wondering how to craft Thisobald Thorm’s poison in Baldur’s Gate 3? Here, we’ll show you the location of the recipe and all the needed components.
Some of the most important items for gaining an advantage in combat in Baldur’s Gate 3 are potions, especially when it comes to very strong enemies. One of these is Thisobald Thorm’s poison, which you can make by finding the recipe and the right components. Being one of the deadliest potions, Thisobald Thorm’s Poison needs unique ingredients, and you may find it difficult to collect them all and turn them into Purple Worm Toxin.
Baldur’s Gate 3: How To Get and Use Lightning Charges
Learn how to get and use Lightning Charges in Baldur’s Gate 3 to destroy the enemies with the Wet status without any difficulties.
BG3: How to Make Thisobald Thorm’s Poison
To craft Thisobald Thorm’s poison, you will need to do the following steps:
- Find the recipe for Purple Worm Toxin.
- Get the ingredients for Thisobald Thorm’s poison that are listed in the recipe.
Even though you might face certain difficulties at each of these points, don’t give up, as it’s worth the effort. Thisobald Thorm’s Purple Worm Toxin is a Very Rare Consumable that can be used on weapons or thrown at enemies to deal significant Poison damage, so let’s talk in detail about how to craft this extremely powerful poison.
How to Get Purple Worm Toxin Recipe
- Head to Shadow-Cursed Lands and find the Waning Moon Bar. Inside, you’ll find Thisobald Thorm guarding the large Metal Door that leads to his old laboratory.
- At this point, you’ll be faced with a choice between a fight or stealth, as you’ll need to take the key to the door from Thisobald Thorm. Defeat Thisobald if you feel strong enough, or pickpocket the key from him if you prefer more stealthy strategies.
- Once you have the key, open the door and go inside. You need to find the book that is on the left of the entrance.
- Read the book and pass the Investigation check of Difficulty Class 14 to get the recipe. Don’t worry if you can’t pass the check the first time, as you can try it with each character in turn.
- After that, don’t forget to search the chests and other loot around the lab.
Now that you know the recipe for Purple Worm Toxin, you need to find the key ingredient for making this poison, namely Corpse Rose Petals. You’ll need 3 of them to make this Consumable, so let’s talk about how to get them.
Baldur’s Gate 3: How to Get Rid of The Dark Urge
If you don’t want to create a new character but are tired of playing as a pure evil, here’s how to get rid of the Dark Urge in Baldur’s Gate 3.
BG3: How to Get Corpse Rose Petals
After unlocking the recipe for Thisobald Thorm’s Poison, you need to follow these steps to get Corpse Rose Petals:
- Fast travel to the Road To Baldur’s Gate waypoint, and head north to get to the Brewer’s Alchemical Stash location.
- When you are near the abandoned barn, you need to go to its right side, past the haystack. In this place, you will have to make a passive Survival roll to find a place that you will need to dig up using a shovel.
- After opening the treasure, you will get one of the three Corpse Rose Petals you need.
- To find two more Corpse Roses, you’ll have to go to the House of Healing. Search all around, including the chests, and with enough luck, you will find enough Corpse Rose Petals.
When you collect enough Corpse Rose Petals, you will finally be able to create the highly desired Purple Worm Toxin, and to do so, you just need to go to the Alchemy menu and make the poison.