- Frictional Games has released an Accessibility Patch for Amnesia: The Bunker, adding various accessibility settings to improve the gameplay experience for more players.
- The patch includes features such as reduced camera motion, aim assist, sprint mode, and closed captions, among others, to help players navigate the game and enjoy it more.
- The update also comes with bug fixes and improvements to the game’s UI, animations, and other mechanics.
Developer Frictional Games is making Amnesia: The Bunker much more accessible with a new update that adds an array of bug fixes and gameplay options. Dubbed the “Accessibility Patch,” the update will implement various accessibility features to ensure more players can experience the day one Xbox Game Pass horror title.
Amnesia: The Bunker is the fourth entry in the Amnesia horror game series by Swedish indie developer Frictional Games. Set during the First World War, players take on the role of French soldier Henri Clément, who must navigate a bunker while evading a creature known as the Beast. The horror title implements a few features unique to the Amnesia series, such as the inclusion of an open world and the absence of a sanity mechanic. Reception for Amnesia: The Bunker has been relatively mixed since its June 2023 launch, though players continue to venture into the titular bunker for some scares.
Amnesia: The Bunker Could Make A Great Horror Movie
The latest Amnesia game has a simple premise that would play out just as well on the big screen.
To welcome more players to the horror experience, Frictional Games has administered the Accessibility Patch for Amnesia: The Bunker. The latest patch will implement several accessibility settings that ultimately provide more gameplay options to choose from. These options cover a multitude of mechanics, such as aim assist, sprint mode, aim/use item mode, check health mode, and a few others that can significantly help the player. Closed captions and subtitle directional indicators for on-screen assistance have also been added. In addition to these settings, Frictional Games has included a massive list of bug fixes. Some touch on issues with the game’s UI, animations, and other previously affected mechanics.
One complaint about Amnesia: The Bunker from players is how the character moves in the game and how the environment reacts to them. For the new update, Frictional Games has introduced reduced camera motion and weapon sway options to ensure a smoother gaming experience.
Frictional Games also fixed an error with the Training Grounds area in the Accessibility Patch that prevented the triggering of any achievements. Training Grounds first arrived as part of the Halloween update for Amnesia: The Bunker, which came with new game modes and other accessibility options not present in the latest patch.
The arrival of the Accessibility Patch is a nice treat for players who wish to get the most out of Amnesia: The Bunker. Fans are already responding well to the new update online, commending the continued support the game has been receiving. If players discover further problems in the game, they can contact Frictional Games’s support team to provide feedback.
It’s unclear if the Accessibility Patch will be the final update for Amnesia: The Bunker. With Frictional Games aiming to move away from horror games, the bunker might be the last location players can explore in the Amnesia franchise for the time being.
Amnesia: The Bunker – Accessibility Patch Log
Implemented various accessibility settings, including:
- Closed Captions
- Subtitle Directional Indicators
- Reduced Camera Motion
- Aim Assist
- Reduced Weapon Sway
- Reduced Enemy Perception
- Non-Aggressive Rats
- Lock Code Quick Access
- Physics Interaction Mode
- Sprint Mode
- Aim/Use Item Mode
- Reload Weapon Mode
- Charge Flashlight Mode
- Check Health Mode ———
- Added a preview of subtitles in the subtitle options menu.
- Fixed various minor navigation and UI-related issues in the main and pause menus.
- Fixed a bug preventing the triggering of the “Toot Sweet” achievement.
- Resolved an issue causing physics interaction to feel sluggish at 120 FPS.
- Fixed multiple localization-related UI issues in the inventory.
- Fixed an issue where the Stalker could spawn too early, and would ignore the player after doing so.
- Added an option to the main menu to hide the default crosshair.
- Added an option to the main menu to use simple interact icons instead of the default, detailed ones.
- Fixed a bug where the left hand could be out of view when the inventory was open.
- Resolved an issue where the player could get stuck near the stairs in the Arena.
- Enabled the ability to equip/unequip the lantern while aiming the revolver.
- Fixed a visual bug with the water in the Flooded Storage on certain platforms.
- Improved leaning mechanics while aiming the shotgun.
- Resolved an issue where a torch would sometimes be dropped immediately after equipping it.
- Fixed a bug where the Stalker could try to reach an unreachable position when retreating in the Arena.
- Made minor improvements to the storage box UI.
- Fixed a couple of item description typos.
- Resolved issue where the crate outside Administration couldn’t be broken.
- Prevented the triggering of any achievements in the Training Grounds.
- Made aiming vertically with the revolver and shotgun snappier and smoother.
- Fixed a bug where the lantern would unequip when entering the reload state.
- Addressed portal culling issues near the Pillbox in Maintenance.
- Fixed an issue where the crafting hint could appear even after receiving it in the Trenches.
- Corrected broken geometry in one of the broken desk assets.
- Fixed a few shotgun animation bugs, including position popping during reloading.
- Made the notes grouping label in the notes tab of the inventory more attention grabbing.
- Fixed a bug where the equip gun hint would appear when interacting with the revolver while it was locked inside a locker.
- Resolved an issue where the player could get stuck if they walked backwards while interacting with the boulder at the very end of the final corridor in the Arena.
- Fixed an issue where the camera aspect could end up being incorrect after loading a save.
- Fixed a rare crash caused by getting a script build error with no script window present.
- Fixed a bug where the game would not load add ons for the main story.
- Resolved an issue where the trap in the cell next to the Prisoner could trigger upon entering the map.
- Sorted out annoying player collision on some cloth piles in the Trenches.
Amnesia: The Bunker
The fourth entry in the Amnesia franchise, The Bunker takes place in a World War I bunker. Frictional Games’ horror title gives players a gun with a single bullet as they try to survive in a claustrophobic hellscape in which they are not alone.
- May 16, 2023
- How Long To Beat
- 6 Hours