- Dead by Daylight Update 7.5.1 introduces adjustments to Killers Blight, Hillbilly, and Onyro, along with bug fixes.
- The Lights Out Modifier in Dead by Daylight significantly darkens the map and removes certain gameplay elements, but it is considered unbalanced by many Survivors.
- More Modifiers are planned for the future.
Dead by Daylight has released its newest patch in Update 7.5.1. The update introduces adjustments to multiple Killers and a variety of bug fixes. Additionally, Dead by Daylight recently launched its newest game mode.
On February 7, Dead by Daylight added the Lights Out Modifier. The Modifier, which is the first of its kind in the game, introduced some major changes to the title’s traditional gameplay. Most notably, the map is significantly darker during a Lights Out match. The Modifier also removes perks, items, add-ons, and offerings, as well as scratch marks and the Killer’s terror radius. While players were excited to enjoy a new way to play Dead by Daylight, many users report that the mode is too unbalanced for Survivors. It’s possible that Behaviour Interactive will introduce some changes later on to balance the Modifier, but in the meantime, the studio has released Dead by Daylight‘s newest patch.
Dead By Daylight: 12 Fun Survivor Builds
Players should take these fun Survivor builds into Dead by Daylight to further enjoy toying with and competing against the Killer.
Dead by Daylight‘s Update 7.5.1 makes adjustments to multiple Killers, including Blight, Hillbilly, and Onyro. Blight’s Adrenaline Vial and Compound Thirty Three add-ons were rebalanced. Hillbilly’s Greased Throttle and Thompson’s Mix add-ons also received changes. In addition, Onyro’s Killer Power was rebalanced. Update 7.5.1 also introduced a wide range of bug fixes that addressed issues within the game’s audio, achievements, maps, perks, characters, and more. Fans can also check out two new outfits just added to the in-game store, Yun-Jin Lee’s Evening of Honor outfit and Kate Denson’s In the Crowd outfit. Both skins are themed around the Chinese New Year, which happens tomorrow, February 10.
New Additions in Dead by Daylight’s Update 7.5.1
- Adjustments to Killers Blight, Hillbilly, and Onyro
- Bug fixes
Recently, Dead by Daylight also added Alan Wake, who can now be selected as a Survivor. His perks mostly revolve around Flashlight improvements and finding chests and generators. As for the future of Dead by Daylight‘s new Modifier feature, the development team suggested that more are coming in the future.
Dead by Daylight‘s blog covering the new Modifier’s release stated that the team is working on additional Modifiers. A survey given to some Dead by Daylight players may have revealed what Modifiers fans can expect to see in the future. While this is promising news, not all Dead by Daylight-related news has been so wholesome recently.
A Behavior Interactive executive recently panned Palworld, citing issues like poor balancing, boring combat, and a lack of warmth within the game. Naturally, this quickly created drama due to Palword‘s massive fan base. The Behaviour Interactive employee has since deleted his Palworld post.
Dead by Daylight Update 7.5.1 Patch Notes
Killer Adjustments – The Blight
- Adrenaline Vial
- Increases maximum Rush tokens by 2.
- Increases maximum Rush look angle by 20 degrees.
- Decreases Rush turn rate by 55%. (re-added functionality)
- Increases Rush speed by 5%
- Compound Thirty Three
- Rush cannot be performed more than 2 times (new functionality)
- Increases Rush turn rate by 33% (slightly adjusted functionality)
- Increases Rush duration by 33% (new functionality)
Killer Adjustments – The Hillbilly
- Greased Throttle
- Decreases recovery time after using the Chainsaw by 8%
- This effect does not apply while in Overdrive (new functionality)
- The Thompson’s Mix
- Decreases recovery time after using the Chainsaw by 12%
- This effect does not apply while in Overdrive (new functionality)
Killer Adjustments – The Onryo
- Removed the Condemned cooldown
- Increased the number of Condemned stacks that lock in when a Survivor is hooked to 3 (was 2)
- Increased the Projection movement speed boost duration to 2 seconds (was 1.5)
- Increased movement speed while Manifesting to 4 m/s (was 3.68)
- Modifier: Lights Out will be active from February 7, 2024 11:00am ET to February 14, 2024 11:00am ET.
- A Modifier: Lights Out event Tome will also open while the Modifier is active.
- The Brand New Part Skill Checks no longer award progress for Archive Quests requiring succeeding Generator Skill Checks.
- The Nerves of Steel achievement now properly tracks Skill Checks.
- Fixed an issue where The Good Guys laugh could overlap the Slice & Dice scream
- Fixed an issue that caused no sound to be heard when an invite is accepted.
- Fixed an issue that caused all the Killers sounds to be muted when opening the option menus in-game.
- Fixed an issue where the End Game Collapse bell sound wasn’t heard.
- Bots no longer run away from a Killer on a different floor.
- Fixed an issue where The Good Guy’s “Wedding Dress” torso stretches and distorts when selecting the outfit icons.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Hag to be unable to move in any direction when attacking while carrying a Survivor.
- The Plague no longer has a 1 second cooldown before being able to attack after performing Vile Purge.
- Fixed an issue in Shattered Square where blockers prevented the killer from getting to a hook
- Fixed an issue in Midwich Elementary School where items could be hidden under rubbles
- Fixed an issue with the Harvester where bots could get stuck
- Fixed an issue with the crashed Bus where Bots would not leave their position
- Fixed an issue in Underground Complex entity effect were clipped near a hook
- Fixed an issue in Mother’s Dwelling where The Nurse could not blink through railings around the house
- Fixed an issue with the collision on a maze tile in Pale Rose
- Fixed an issue in the Underground Complex where the The Singularity’s Biopods would not stick to the walls properly
- Fixed an issue in the Dead Dawg Saloon map where a collision would block the players from navigating as intended.
- Fixed an issue in Eyrie of Crows where The Demogorgon could shred through different obstacles from the hill tile
- Fixed an issue in Shattered Square where an invisible collision was blocking the players navigations
- Fixed an issue where an unready Survivor could switch to the Killer role when attempting to start a Trial in custom matches.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Healing speed buff for Circle of Healing not to apply when the medkit runs out of charge while healing.
- The Save the Best for Last Perk now correctly grants 4% decreased attack cooldown instead of 5%.
- The Champion of Light perk properly grants the Hindered effect when the Killer is blinded while carrying a Survivor.
- Fixed missing SFX when a player joins or leaves a party
- Fixed an unresponsive Daily Rituals button in the Main menu when coming back from a Killer Lobby or the Archives
- Fixed an issue where the cursor could be visible/movable during the intro cinematic
Dead by Daylight
Dead by Daylight is an asymmetrical multiplayer horror game in which one player takes on the role of a Killer and the others play as “Survivors.” The Killer must hunt the Survivors, while the Survivors must escape.
- June 14, 2016
- How Long To Beat