- Destiny 2 players have noticed that there are no craftable void pulse rifles in the game, which is a significant oversight by Bungie.
- The game has a substantial weapon gap, with 13 pulse rifles but only five side arms and three 180 RPM void hand cannons out of a total of 139 weapon patterns.
- While not craftable, players have listed their go-to void pulses, including Graviton Lance, Veles-X, and Gridskipper.
Keen-eyed Destiny 2 players have spotted that there are no craftable void pulse rifles in the game. Over the years since its release – and with each season that arrives – the popular looter shooter has developed a relatively large number of weapons across various archetypes and elements. Some of these weapons have reached the ranks of god-tier, such as Gjallarhorn, a solar rocket launcher known for dominating bosses, or even Lubrae’s Ruin, an exotic glaive that could make the final encounter with Nezarac in the Root of Nightmares raid very easy.
Glaives were a new archetype that arrived in The Witch Queen, which is considered by the community to be one of Bungie’s best expansions since Forsaken for its improved narrative and diverse weapon meta. One reason for this was the newly introduced weapon crafting, which allowed a player to customize the perks on the weapons provided they completed a few steps. First, players had to obtain a number of patterns for a gun, craft it, and then use the weapon to level it up, which unlocked perks with the higher ranks having enhanced versions before finally Reshaping the weapon. While the process was a bit tedious, which led to Bungie overhauling weapon crafting, it allowed players to get that perfect god-roll weapon.
Destiny 2: 17 Best Weapons To Craft First
With Destiny 2 deep in the Lightfall era, which weapons should players craft as soon as possible?
But not all weapons are created equal. One player going by the handle SushiJuice took to the Destiny 2 subreddit to point out that there are absolutely no craftable void pulse rifles in the game despite having the most weapon patterns. Other players in the thread pointed out that the game had a substantial weapon gap: there are 13 pulse rifles but only five side arms and three 180 RPM void hand cannons out of a staggering 139 weapon patterns. Delving deeper, another player called The_hezy compiled a list of all the legendary weapons and damage types that were not craftable in the game and found that craftable Stasis, Strand, and Void Grenade Launchers using special ammo were non-existent.
Legendary Weapons That Cannot Be Crafted
- Auto Rifle: Stasis
- Bow: Strand
- Grenade Launcher: Stasis Special, Strand Special, Void Special, Solar Heavy
- Hand Cannon: Stasis
- Linear Fusion Rifle: Strand
- Machine Gun: Strand
- Pulse Rifle: Void
- Rocket Launcher: Arc
- Scout Rifle: Stasis
- Shotgun: Arc
- Sidearm: Stasis, Void
- Sniper Rifle: Arc
- Submachine Gun: Strand, Void
- Sword: Stasis
- Trace Rifle: Strand
Some players in the thread were curious if there was a specific reason why Destiny 2 had these weapons gaps and repeated patterns and if certain combinations of elemental damage and perks were too overpowered. While not craftable, others in the thread listed some of their go-to void pulses, which included the fan-favorite Graviton Lance, Veles-X, and Gridskipper.
This discovery certainly seems like a significant oversight on Bungie’s part. However, with the upcoming Into the Light update, the company may yet surprise Destiny 2 players with new weapon patterns.
Bungie’s Destiny 2 is an online FPS that blends single-player and multiplayer content. Constantly evolving, the shooter has established a strong following since its 2017 debut.
- August 28, 2017
- Online Multiplayer , Online Co-Op
- T For TEEN for Blood, Language, and Violence
- Destiny 2: Forsaken , Destiny 2: Shadowkeep , Destiny 2: Beyond Light , Destiny 2: The Witch Queen , Destiny 2: Lightfall
- Platforms That Support Crossplay
- PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S
- Number of Players
- 1-6 (Co-Op)