- Destiny 2 update 220.127.116.11 fixes issues and improves seasonal activities, addressing player concerns and enhancing the overall gameplay experience.
- Bungie responds to player feedback by increasing the drop rate of Wishing Glass Shards in The Coil activity, making it easier to achieve platinum rewards.
- The Starcrossed exotic mission exploit, which allowed players to damage the boss through a glass wall, has been patched out, requiring players to complete the mission traditionally.
Bungie releases update 18.104.22.168 for Destiny 2, fixing numerous issues, making player-friendly tweaks to seasonal activities, and closing an exploit players have been utilizing within the Starcrossed exotic mission. As a live service title, Destiny 2 is constantly changing and evolving through new content updates, expansions, as well as updates. Even with constant changes, the passionate player base is always looking for what’s next and there is always content that fans would like to see, including bringing back gear and weapons from the lengthy history that the Destiny franchise has to fall back on.
However, even with the best laid plans, updates can, on occasion, cause unforeseen outcomes, especially with a 6-year-old title like Destiny 2. The multiplayer title is no stranger to odd bugs, glitches, and exploits, some of which have forced Bungie to react much faster than it probably would have liked. The exotic fusion rifle Telesto has had a long history of disrupting Destiny 2 and has become a meme of sorts for the community whenever anything goes wrong. While not every bug has been fixed to this point, Bungie continues to roll out new updates to further improve the player’s experience and deal with issues that are impacting gameplay.
Destiny 2 Releases Final Prime Gaming Rewards
Bungie reveals the final set of Prime Gaming rewards for Destiny 2, bringing the free content program to an end after four years.
In a new blog post, Bungie reveals that update 22.214.171.124 is now live in Destiny 2, bringing about fixes and improving a few Season of the Wish activities. In a recent blog, Bungie admitted that Platinum clearance numbers on The Coil activity weren’t as high as it would have liked, so with this update, it’s increasing the Wishing Glass Shards drop rate when beating enemies in an effort to boost scores to help get teams to that Platinum level. In addition, this update reduced the completion criteria needed to earn the Rolled Stats Seasonal Triumph. On top of that, the update fixes a number of issues related to armor and weapons, as well as one particular problem that made it seem like rewards could be claimed on certain Twitch bounties.
Fixing the Starcrossed Exotic Mission Exploit
The Starcrossed exotic mission for Destiny 2 launched earlier this season, giving players a chance to earn the Strand-empowered Wishkeeper bow. In order to earn different catalysts for it, players would need to take on the Legendary version, which could pose a serious challenge for some due to a boss room with plenty of enemies and not a ton of space to run around in. Players quickly discovered an exploit that allows them to damage the boss while standing outside the room, using weapons like the Wish Ender or other anti-barrier weapons like Revision Zero to shoot through a glass wall without being harmed. Unfortunately for them, this exploit has seemingly been patched out with this update, meaning players will now have to complete it the traditional way instead.
Recently, Destiny 2 fans have been talking about a visual issue inside of The Dreaming City that hasn’t been fixed in nearly 3 years. When transitioning between certain zones like the Divalian Mists to the Spine of Keres, a detailed skybox filled with shapes and colors suddenly vanishes completely, leaving an empty looking sky behind. Unfortunately, it seems like this particular issue isn’t likely to see a resolution as many fans theorized that the issue arrived alongside specific lighting enhancements made to the Tiger Engine, which debuted inside of the Beyond Light expansion. As such, Bungie isn’t likely to revert or overhaul any previous changes to an issue which is purely cosmetic.
Destiny 2 Update 126.96.36.199 Patch Notes
- Reduced the completion criteria for the Rolled Stats Seasonal Triumph.
- Increased the Wishing Glass Shards drop rate from enemies defeated in The Coil.
Starcrossed (Exotic Mission)
- Fixed an issue where players could damage the boss through the glass wall of the arena.
GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENT
- Fixed an issue where Blast Radius would grant Armor Charge on non-enemy takedowns.
- Fixed issue so rear-loading Rocket Launchers now correctly appear on Inspection Screens.
- Fixed an issue where newly acquired Dreaming City weapons were not progressing the Dreaming City badge.
- Resolved an issue where Twitch bounties may erroneously indicate that a reward can be claimed when none is available.
Bungie’s Destiny 2 is an online FPS that blends single-player and multiplayer content. Constantly evolving, the shooter has established a strong following since its 2017 debut.
- August 28, 2017
- Online Multiplayer , Online Co-Op
- Destiny 2: Forsaken , Destiny 2: Shadowkeep , Destiny 2: Beyond Light , Destiny 2: The Witch Queen , Destiny 2: Lightfall