- Diablo 4 is releasing a new update on February 14 that allows players to salvage Uber Unique items and create a new crafting resource called Resplendent Sparks.
- The drop chance for Uber Unique items outside of Uber Duriel encounters has been increased to make it easier for players to obtain them.
- Some promised features, such as leaderboards and the Gauntlet dungeon, have been delayed in order to allow more time for polish.
Diablo 4 is getting a new update on February 14, and its major change involves how players interact with Uber Unique items in crafting. Uber Unique items drop very rarely in Diablo 4, but developer Blizzard has slowly been introducing more ways for players to acquire them.
Diablo 4, released in the middle of 2023, is steadily chugging along post-launch. As a live-service game, Blizzard is constantly at work making the play experience as best as it can be, regularly tweaking and tuning its features and options as it releases new patches and launches new seasons. Uber Unique items are extremely rare and powerful pieces of equipment scattered scarcely throughout the game, and their rarity is so high that Blizzard has had to intentionally make it easier for players to get their hands on a few.
February 21 is Going to Be a Big Day For Diablo 4 Fans
With Diablo 4’s recent Season of the Construct being somewhat controversial among fans, disappointed players may want to keep an eye on February 21.
Blizzard has released the full patch notes on the Diablo 4 site, and the main new feature of the February 14 update will be the ability to salvage Uber Unique items to create a new crafting resource called Resplendent Sparks. Five Resplendent Sparks can make a new Uber Unique item of the player’s choice at the Alchemist, where the Refine Resources tab has also been renamed Transmute. On top of that, the drop chance for Uber Uniques outside the Uber Duriel encounter has been increased to maximize the addition.
What Are The Available Uber Unique Items In Diablo 4?
- Andariel’s Visage (helm)
- Doombringer (sword)
- Harlequin Crest (helm)
- Melted Heart of Selig (amulet)
- Ring of Starless Skies (ring)
- The Grandfather (two-handed sword)
While these items were previously hard to come by, the launch of Season of Blood back in October 2023 introduced Uber Duriel to Diablo 4 and rained Uber Uniques to more players. Before this, players had been discouraged from going after the items because of the sheer grind involved in trying to catch the super rare drops, while a bug back in July accidentally increased the chances of getting Uber Uniques, which Blizzard let people keep. This change to how they work proves that Blizzard does actually pay attention to fan feedback.
Meanwhile, Diablo 4 is well into Season of the Construct, its third since the game originally launched last year and brought with it a new storyline featuring another demon, Malphas, who has begun wreaking havoc in the Kehjistan desert region. As always, Diablo 4 players can access it right away in the Seasonal Realm after having completed the main campaign.
However, some expected Diablo 4 additions have been delayed after being promised for this season. These are mainly the introduction of the leaderboards that track the accomplishments of competitive players, and the Gauntlet, a new dungeon accessible on World Tier 4 to Level 100 characters. According to the dev team, the new features have been postponed from their original February 13 release date to allow more time for polish.
Diablo 4 Patch 1.3.2 Notes
Uber Unique Crafting
- Uber Unique Items can now be salvaged to provide a new resource, Resplendent Sparks. Players can bring 5 Resplendent Sparks to the Alchemist and Transmute an Uber Unique of their choice.
- The Refine Resources tab at the Alchemist has been renamed Transmute, and the option to craft an Uber Unique item can be found under that tab.
- The preview window for crafting an Uber Unique won’t display the item’s affixes.
- The drop chance of Uber Unique items acquired outside of Uber Duriel encounters has been increased.
- Fixed an issue where the Screen Reader did not read the Claimed status for Lunar Awakening rewards.
- Fixed an issue where the Screen Reader did not read Ancestral Favor Tiers correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the Screen Reader misread Ancestral Favor upgrade text.
- Season of the Construct
- Fixed an issue where Vizier Wasp Constructs were not affected by Immobilizing effects.
- Fixed an issue where the tooltip for Igneous Cores was missing information.
- Fixed an issue where Journal pages didn’t drop during the Kulle’s Heart Quest.
- Fixed an issue where only the first person in the party would get credit for looting Obelisks Whispers.
- Fixed an issue where Arcane Tremors in Hawezar and Scosglen could have Voltaic Brazier’s that can’t be interacted with.
- Fixed an issue where attacks from Malphas could still damage players after he’s defeated.
- Fixed an issue where the Season Journey Objective Keeper of Nothing still referenced Pearls of Warding to summon Echo of Malphas instead of Igneous Cores.
- Lunar Awakening
- Fixed an issue where the final quest for Lunar Awakening could not be started if the player already had maximum Ancestral Favor.
- Fixed an issue where the Shrine related to the Cleanse the Northshore Shrine Whisper could be missing.
- Fixed an issue where the Ancestral Favor window wouldn’t automatically close when walking away from Ying-Yue.
- Fixed an issue where Treasure Goblins could fail to spawn while fighting Avarice.
- Fixed an issue where enemies killed via an execute effect could not drop loot.
- Fixed an issue where the Melted Hear of Selig was not always rolling the maximum value for its movement speed affix.
- Fixed an issue where the Echoing Fury aspect didn’t grant bonus Fury if Tactical Rallying Cry was learned.
- Fixed an issue where Advanced Rapid Fire would incorrectly override the bonus Critical Strike Damage from other sources.
- Fixed an issue where the damage increase and resource reduction cost from Ring of the Starless Skies was not calculating correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the final Lieutenant failed to spawn in The Onyx Watchtower, preventing completion without a reset.
- User Interface and User Experience
- Fixed an issue where adding a friend when playing with a controller would immediately re-open the menu.
- Fixed an issue where setting a note on a friend would open the menu for adding a friend after adding the note.
- Fixed an issue where icons for Animus were missing from the mini map in the Betrayer’s Row Dungeon.
- Fixed an issue where a Socketed Gem in a Legendary or Unique Item could disappear if the item was dropped.
- Fixed an issue where some players using NVMe Solid State Drives were experiencing instability.
- Various visual, performance, and stability improvements.
$58 $70 Save $12
Diablo 4 is an action RPG developed by Blizzard Entertainment. It’s the fourth mainline game in the franchise and lets players pick from five playable classes as they explore an open world Sanctuary in order to take down Lilith, while also completing quests, leveling up, and gaining better loot.
- June 6, 2023
- Action RPG , Hack and Slash
- Platforms That Support Crossplay
- PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S
- Number of Players