- A new Dragon Ball: Sparking Zero trailer reveals Goku and Vegeta’s iconic transformations, including Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan God, and Super Saiyan Blue.
- The game splits Goku and Vegeta into Saga-specific forms, just like in the classic Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Sparking Zero is rumored to have one of the largest rosters in a Dragon Ball game, including characters from Dragon Ball, GT, and the upcoming Daima.
A new trailer for Dragon Ball: Sparking Zero revealed some of the transformations that the iconic duo of Goku and Vegeta can use in the game, along with some of their attacks. Dragon Ball: Sparking Zero is one of the most anticipated games for Dragon Ball fans, as it is a continuation of the classic Budokai Tenkaichi fighting game series. While fans were treated to a brief teaser during Dragon Ball Games Battle Hour 2023, a full reveal trailer for Sparking Zero was shown off during The Game Awards 2023 in December.
Following this trailer, Dragon Ball fans have been eagerly anticipating more news about the game. Bandai Namco continued to fuel the hype further when it promised that more news about Sparking Zero would be revealed on January 28. The date specifically was for Dragon Ball Games Battle Hour 2024, the event that previously featured Sparking Zero‘s teaser trailer. This year’s event had new footage for Sparking Zero as well, focusing on the franchise’s two iconic rivals, Goku and Vegeta.
Dragon Ball: Sparking Zero’s Xbox File Size Has Seemingly Leaked
The file size for Dragon Ball: Sparking Zero’s Xbox Series X/S version has seemingly leaked online, with it seemingly set to be a massive game.
The new Sparking Zero trailer starts off with an iconic showdown from Dragon Ball Z, the very first battle between Goku and Vegeta in the Saiyan Saga, as seen with Vegeta having his tail and scouter, along with Goku using his Kaioken technique. Vegeta can also transform into his Great Ape form, a transformation that he could use in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3. The next fight between the two has Goku and Vegeta transforming into their Super Saiyan forms, with Goku using techniques that were seen during the Frieza/Namek Saga, while Vegeta has moves and his exclusive Super Vegeta form used during the Androids/Cell Saga.
The following fight between the two shows Goku using his Super Saiyan 2 and 3 transformations, while Vegeta, in his Buu Saga-era attire, can transform into Super Saiyan 1 and 2 alongside his evil Majin form from when he struck a deal with Babidi. The last showcase of these two duking it out sees them ascend into their Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan Blue forms. This ultimately confirms that Sparking Zero is splitting up Goku and Vegeta into Saga-specific forms, much like Budokai Tenkaichi 3 before it.
Confirmed Goku and Vegeta Transformations in Sparking Zero
- Goku (Saiyan Saga) – Base
- Goku (Frieza/Namek Saga) – Base, Super Saiyan
- Goku (Android & Buu Saga) – Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3
- Goku (Dragon Ball Super) – Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan God, Super Saiyan Blue
- Vegeta (Scouter) – Base, Great Ape
- Vegeta (Android/Cell Saga) – Base, Super Saiyan, Super Vegeta
- Vegeta (Buu Saga) – Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Majin Vegeta
- Vegeta (Dragon Ball Super) – Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan God, Super Saiyan Blue
Assuming rumors about the upcoming game turn out to be true, Sparking Zero will have one of the largest rosters ever for a Dragon Ball fighting game, allegedly including characters from the original Dragon Ball, GT, and even the upcoming Daima alongside Z and Super. This is seemingly supported by the grid seen at the end of this trailer, which likely shows how big Dragon Ball: Sparking Zero‘s roster will be. For the time being, fans are just excited to be playing as some of the most memorable forms taken by the iconic anime rivals.
Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero
The fourth mainline entry in the Budokai Tenkachi series, Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero is an in-development arena fighter developed by Spike Chunsoft and published by Bandai Namco.