If you want to enhance your weapon with magic damage, knowing how to get and use Crystal Bud in Elden Ring is an essential part of the whole process.
As players progress through the Elden Ring, there are many herbs to collect, and Crystal Bud is one of them. This plant acquired unique properties that become very useful in combination with certain other materials. This allows players to use Crystal Bud in recipes to enhance their weapon with magic damage or create a long-range homing projectile. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to buy Crystal Bud or get it as a drop from enemies. However, you can collect this plant by exploring the western part of The Lands Between.
Elden Ring: The 23 Best Bows, Ranked
FromSoftware’s Elden Ring prioritizes melee combat, but the tarnished can fight from a distance as well. What are the best bows in the game?
Where To Find Crystal Bud in Elden Ring
The only way to get Crystal Bud in Elden Ring is to find and collect it in the Liurnia of the Lakes area. Players can find many concentrations of this plant between Sites of Graces such as the Church of Inhibition and Lake-Facing Cliffs. However, you can also find Crystal Bud in the western part of the area near Revenger’s Shack or on the outskirts of the Academy of Raya Lucaria.
It is worth noting that Crystal Bud prefers shaded areas near tree trunks or small rocks, so pay attention to these landmarks when searching. However, what is more important is that this plant will respawn after you rest at a Site of Grace. It allows you to farm this plant by resting, harvesting, and repeating the process.
Depending on your preferences, the farming path may differ, since Crystal Bud grows near many Sites of Grace. However, we advise you to pay attention to the following places:
- Lake-Facing Cliffs Site of Grace. After resting in this area, enter the forest behind you and immediately collect the Crystal Bud. After that, repeat the process.
- Revenger’s Shack Site of Grace. After resting in this place, go around the rock behind the hut and immediately collect two Crystal Buds in the bushes on the left side of the cliff.
How To Use Crystal Bud in Elden Ring
Regardless of your needs, collecting large reserves of Crystal Buds shouldn’t take too long. Therefore, once you have accumulated enough, it’s time for new crafts.
- Description: A projectile that, upon impact, deals 1 unit of damage and explodes, leaving behind three homing bolts.
- Cookbook Location: You can get Glintstone Craftsman’s Cookbook  from the corpse in a small camp northwest of the Church of Irith.
- Recipe: One Crystal Bud and one Cracked Crystal.
- Description: By applying Magic Grease to your right hand, your attacks will deal 85 additional Magic Damage for 60 seconds.
- Cookbook Location: You can learn this recipe from Glintstone Craftsman’s Cookbook  is in a chest in the Illusory Wall room, Academy of Raya Lucaria.
- Recipe: One Crystal Bud and one Root Resin.
Drawstring Magic Grease
- Description: By applying Magic Grease to your right hand, your attacks will deal 110 additional Magic Damage over 10 seconds.
- Cookbook Location: Glintstone Craftsman’s Cookbook .
- Recipe: One Crystal Bud, one Root Resin, and one String.
- February 25, 2022