Exploring The Shroud in Enshrouded is quite rewarding, as there are many items you won’t be able to obtain otherwise. But it may be quite frustrating for players who are new to the game. The Shroud is full of dangers as well as rewards, and navigating it isn’t easy. By keeping these tips in mind, players should be able to explore the Shroud and return safely, with plenty of items to boot.
Enshrouded: How to Get and Use Nails
Players will need nails to craft various items in Enshrouded. Here’s how to get them.
Enshrouded Guide: How The Shroud Works
Players should keep the following information in mind about the Shroud:
- Upon entering The Shroud, a 5-minute timer will appear. If you don’t leave The Shroud before the timer runs out, you will die.
- While exploring The Shroud, you will likely come across lamp posts. These serve as guides. Following them will lead you out of The Shroud.
- In addition to the fog itself, there are also enemies you’ll have to fight. They look like regular enemies, but the ones inside The Shroud are considerably buffed, so pick your fights mindfully.
Shroud Survival Tips
One of the easiest ways to increase your chances of surviving The Shroud is maximizing your timer. You’re given 5 minutes by default, but this time can be increased by using these methods:
Upgrade the Flame Altar
Flame Altars act like respawn points, and standing next to one restarts your Enshrouded timer. With the right upgrades, you can increase the additional time that a Flame Altar gives you.
Improve Your Skills
You can increase your timer by a total of 7 minutes if you have the right skills. Two skills in the game have this property:
- Inner Fires gives you +2 minutes
- Relentless Flames gives you +5 minutes
Use the Shroud Survival Flask
This potion will increase your maximum time inside The Shroud by 2 minutes, and its effect lasts for 45 minutes. You can obtain this consumable by crafting it at an Alchemist. Keep in mind that using this item while you’re in The Shroud won’t give you extra time. It simply increases your maximum time. For example, if you have two minutes left out of five, after drinking this potion, you’ll have two minutes out of seven. Ideally, this consumable should be used before entering. However, if the timer is reset while the potion is in effect, it will reset to the increased limit instead of the original limit.
Stand Near a Return Beacon
Just like the Flame Altar, this will reset your timer.
Interact with Hourglass Capsules
These items are scattered all around The Shroud. Upon interacting with them, you’ll gain a little extra time.
Enshrouded: How to Get Shroud Weaver Staff
Rain down magical destruction with the Shroud Weaver Staff, one of the best weapons a mage can get in Enshrouded.
Shroud Survival Strategy
It’s quite a difficult area, so having a good strategy will help you greatly. Here are some tips to improve your strategy:
- Set a goal for your Shroud expedition and stay focused on it. Whether your goal is to explore, kill enemies, or something else, try your best not to get distracted from that goal. This will help you greatly, since time is limited.
- Memorize the path you took when first entering. Knowing where you came from will give you opportunities to escape in case things go south.
- Be cautious of enemies, and think carefully when picking fights. The enemies within The Shroud are more deadly than regular ones.
- Create routes. At some point, when you’re familiar with the terrain, you can start creating routes that will optimize your rewards and time spent in The Shroud. When creating routes, keep the locations of Return Beacons in mind. They can act as checkpoints, where you can respawn and restart your timer. You can also build Flame Altars, which will fulfill the same needs.
- Memorize zones that aren’t covered by The Shroud. This will allow for even more escape routes.
- Do not walk on Red Ground or enter the Red Shroud without preparation. Red Ground should be avoided at all costs. It can be found throughout The Shroud, and it will kill you rapidly if you walk on it. There are no rewards for walking on Red Ground, so just stay away from it. Exploring the Red Shroud, on the other hand, is quite important, even though it will kill you without preparation. To enter the Red Shroud, increase your Flame Level. As you increase it, more and more Red Shroud areas will become available for exploration.
- January 24, 2024
- Keen Games
- Keen Games