- Final Fantasy 14 Patch 6.57 removed the weekly lockout on entering and obtaining loot from the Pandaemonium: Anabaseios (Savage) raid, bringing relief to high-end raiders.
- The update also doubled the weekly cap on Allagan Tomestones of Comedy, giving players more opportunities to obtain gear.
- Patch 6.57 laid the groundwork for the upcoming Xbox Series X/S open beta, with support for up to 4K resolution and the option to use a controller or keyboard and mouse combination.
The latest update to Final Fantasy 14, Patch 6.57, brought relief to many high-end raiders, as the update removed the weekly lockout on both entering and obtaining loot from the Pandaemonium: Anabaseios (Savage) raid tier. The update also gave Final Fantasy 14 players more opportunities to get gear, as the weekly cap on Allagan Tomestones of Comedy was doubled.
The update arrived amid a busy February in the game. To start the month, the annual Final Fantasy 14 Valentione’s Day event kicked off in the city of Gridania. Until February 21, players who participate in Eorzea’s version of Valentine’s Day will be rewarded with the Love Heart emote and the Valentione’s Heart Chair housing item. On top of that, the ongoing Moogle Treasure Trove event will give players a chance to earn rare items by completing various objectives that change weekly. Activities such as The Hunt, and completing FATEs in certain areas, were among the criteria. The Moogle Treasure Trove concludes on March 11 and will have a follow-up event at a later date.
Final Fantasy 14 to End Support for Certain Users
A certain group of Final Fantasy 14 players will not have long to continue playing the game, as Square Enix is pulling the plug on certain systems.
Final Fantasy 14 Patch 6.57 Brings Relief to Dedicated Players
In the meantime, Final Fantasy 14 players will have more reason to keep playing. According to Square Enix, Patch 6.57 will double the weekly cap on Allagan Tomestones of Comedy from 450 to 900 until the release of the Dawntrail expansion. With certain pieces of armor costing as much as 895 Allagan Tomestones of Comedy, the change will allow players to gear up faster.
In addition, the long-awaited restrictions on Pandaemonium: Anabaseios (Savage) were removed. Final Fantasy 14 players can now queue up for any of the tier’s four instances without needing to complete previous ones in the same week, and will always receive the maximum reward amount upon completion. On the PVP side, despite Final Fantasy 14 Patch 6.55 bringing major changes to the Frontline PVP map Fields of Glory (Shatter), Patch 6.57 changed the scoring criteria further to quicken the pace of matches.
Patch 6.57 also laid the groundwork for the upcoming Xbox Series X/S open beta of Final Fantasy 14. While the open beta itself does not start until February 21, Square Enix stated that it will use single sign-on (SSO) authentication once players link their Microsoft and Square Enix accounts together. Plus, the Xbox Series X version was confirmed to support up to 4K resolution, while the Xbox Series S supports up to 1440p. Similar to the PS5 version, Xbox players can use either a controller or a keyboard and mouse combination to play Final Fantasy 14.
While Dawntrail is still months away, Patch 6.57 should give Final Fantasy 14 players more reason to keep logging in. Only time will tell how many players will take advantage of the changes.
Final Fantasy 14 Patch 6.57 Notes
Rewards have been adjusted for the following main scenario quests:
The Scions of the Seventh Dawn
- Before: Vesper Bay Aetheryte Ticket x12
- After: Vesper Bay Aetheryte Ticket x40
Back from the Wood
- Before: Vesper Bay Aetheryte Ticket x10
- After: Vesper Bay Aetheryte Ticket x33
The Black Wolf’s Ultimatum
- Before: Vesper Bay Aetheryte Ticket x8
- After: Vesper Bay Aetheryte Ticket x26
- When certain visions are in progress in the island sanctuary, players will now be able to speak with the felicitous furball to receive hints about how they may be realized.
- The number of Allagan tomestones of comedy offered for completing one line of Khloe’s Wondrous Tails has been increased from 50 to 300.
- The additional instances implemented to prevent congestion in Old Sharlayan, Radz-at-Han, and Thavnair have been removed.
- Thaleia has been added to Duty Roulette: Alliance Raids.
- The weekly limit for Allagan tomestones of comedy has been increased from 450 to 900. The maximum store of 2,000 tomestones has not been changed.
The following adjustments have been made to Pandæmonium: Anabaseios (Savage):
- Treasure coffers will now always appear, with no reduction of rewards, regardless of whether any party members have previously cleared the circle.
- The weekly restriction on rewards obtained from treasure coffers has been removed.
- The weekly entrance restriction has been removed.
- Players may now proceed directly to any circle.
- Players will now receive the power of the Echo. The effect will be granted at the start of the battle, increasing maximum HP, damage dealt, and healing potency by 10%. Unlike other instances, the strength of the Echo will not increase in the event all party members are incapacitated.
The following adjustments have been made to the Fields of Glory (Shatter):
- The amount of data required to win has been decreased from 2,000 to 1,600.
- The amount of data gained from defeating a member of an opposing team has been increased from 5 to 8.
Open beta for the Xbox Series X/S version begins.
- The Xbox Series X/S version utilizes single sign-on (SSO) authentication. Once Square Enix accounts and Xbox (Microsoft) accounts are linked, players can skip the login process and launch the game directly. Additionally, the Xbox Series X|S version launcher will display the player’s Xbox gamertag.
- Xbox Series X supports three resolution options: 4K (2160p), WQHD (1440p), and Full HD (1080p). The default setting is WQHD.
- Xbox Series S supports two resolution options: WQHD (1440p) and Full HD (1080p). The default setting is Full HD.
- Like other platforms, Xbox Series X/S players now have the option to use mouse and keyboard controls.
- The player’s Xbox gamertag and icon will be displayed to fellow Xbox Series X/S players across the following UI windows: Character, Examine, Examine (Deep Dungeons), Doman Mahjong opponent list, Triple Triad tournament opponent list, Friends List (online players only), Contact List.
- When joining a party with members also playing the Xbox Series X/S version, said members will be displayed under the “Recently played with” section of the Xbox Series X/S friends list.
- The Xbox Series X/S version features Xbox achievements that will be unlocked when their conditions are met. Additional achievements will be added in future patches.
The following issues have been addressed:
- An issue during a cutscene in the main scenario quest “Stars in the Dark” wherein Temulun’s animation did not display correctly.
- An issue regarding Moogle Treasure Trove: The First Hunt for Genesis wherein The Borderland Ruins (Secure) was erroneously listed in the Mogpendium.
- An issue wherein Japanese kanji conversion stops working during text input after disabling Live Conversion (Mac version only).
- Other minor text issues.
- Other various issues have also been addressed.
Known Issues (Xbox Series X/S Version Only):
- An issue wherein certain graphics do not display correctly.
- An issue wherein the player’s chat mode toggle keybind stops working after the first use.
- An issue wherein the sound of footsteps does not play correctly under certain circumstances while the Listening Position slider is set toward Character in the sound settings.
- An issue wherein the keyboard enter key does not function correctly within the launcher. Should you encounter this issue, a mouse or controller can be used instead.
- An issue wherein the controller’s directional pad and/or the keyboard arrow keys do not function correctly within the launcher. Should you encounter this issue, a mouse or control stick can be used instead.
Final Fantasy 14
Final Fantasy XIV’s original release was less-than-stellar, with many fans blasting the game for its array of issues. This prompted developers to cancel the MMO and rebuild it as Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Since then, the title has seen a massive resurgence and has quickly become one of the best MMOs ever made, with hundreds of thousands of subscribers online at any given time.
- August 27, 2013
- T for Teen: Alcohol Reference, Animated Blood, Language, Suggestive Themes, Violence