Having trouble landing your shots to defeat opponents? Here’s how to turn on aim assist in Fortnite.
Fortnite Battle Royale is highly competitive, featuring outstanding players who are experts at aiming and firing. As a beginner player, this can be intimidating since landing accurate shots is one of the most challenging aspects to master. If you come face-to-face with an opponent while evading the storm, they can easily take you out with accurate headshots.
This makes it crucial to master the art of aiming and firing to defeat opponents and rank high in the Battle Royale. Additionally, players can use aim assist to help with landing shots during the heat of one-on-one battles. Here’s a guide on turning on aim assist in Fortnite to help players lock on enemies when playing.
Fortnite: Complete Guide
Here is everything players need to know about Fortnite, including season quests, beginner guides, and all sorts of tips and tricks.
How to Turn on Aim Assist in Fortnite
To turn on aim assist, follow this step-by-step process:
- Launch Fortnite on your gaming console (Playstation or Xbox).
- Navigate to the Battle Royale mode. Note that the aim assist settings are only available for gun game modes.
- While in the Battle Royale mode, click the Options menu on your controller and navigate to Settings.
- Scroll the top bar to Controller settings, which is marked by a controller icon with a gear wheel behind it.
- Under the Controller settings, scroll down to find the Advanced Options tab. Turn this tab On if it’s turned Off.
- Scroll down further to find the Aim Assist setting and turn it to 100% to enable it.
- Click Apply to save changes and launch the game.
Never disable aim assist, even if you’re an experienced player who’s good at locking in enemies. Aim assist helps players land their shots at close range, so turning it down makes killing enemies more challenging.
How Does Aim Assist Work in Fortnite?
Aim assist in Fortnite works by slowing down crosshair movement when an opponent enters a certain range of the player’s crosshair. The assist helps lock in the enemy more accurately to ensure any shot fired actually lands and deals damage to the opponent. Note that the aim assist in Fortnite works best in close and medium-range gun fights and doesn’t do much for snipers who fire from long range. So, to take full advantage of the aim assist feature, get close to your enemies and use a high-rarity weapon to take them down quickly.
While aim assist helps with landing shots, it cannot be substituted for good aiming skills. The only way to lock in enemies and deal damage is to practice aiming and firing in gun game modes. This, coupled with aim assist, can help players secure Victory Royales on the battlefield.
- July 25, 2017
- Survival , Battle Royale