- Chiori is a highly anticipated character in Genshin Impact and is expected to make her playable debut in Version 4.5.
- Chiori is an off-field Geo Sword DPS and will have puppets or mannequins in her splash art that won’t count as a Geo Construct.
- Chiori’s ability kit will have front-loaded damage and will make use of both DEF and ATK stats.
Genshin Impact is expected to start its official drip marketing for Chiori on December 29, 2024, though a reliable leak has shared an early preview of what players can hope to see from her ability kit. Though Version 4.3 was considered a dry patch, its Flagship Event introduced Genshin Impact fans to Chiori, a former acquaintance of Kamisato Ayato, and the owner of Chioriya Boutique in the Court of Fontaine. It didn’t take long for her to become a fan-favorite, and while Version 4.4 will instead focus on the Lantern Rite, Chiori is expected to make her playable debut in Version 4.5.
Though the Lantern Rite controversy in Genshin Impact has distracted the community from the upcoming Event Banners, a majority of players have been satisfied with the way HoYoverse addressed some underutilized Elemental Reactions, such as Crystallize, with the Fontaine 5-Stars. While Navia may not be the savior of the Geo element on her own, she is a rock-solid addition to the character roster, and players are hoping that Chiori will have good synergy with her, either in a Support role or as an off-field DPS.
Genshin Impact: Every Upcoming Banner Detail Revealed So Far
One of the exciting things for Genshin Impact players are the limited five-star banners that come every patch, and the future has some good ones.
Chiori has long been suspected of being a featured character on the Version 4.5 Event Banners for Genshin Impact, and all signs point that HoYoverse has made no last-minute changes to the banner order. As for what players can expect from Chiori’s ability kit, Uncle K and GenshinMeow have leaked early details on what sets Chiori apart from other 5-Star Geo characters.
Chiori’s Ability Kit and Role in Genshin Impact
- Chiori is an off-field Geo Sword DPS.
- Chiori will have puppets or mannequins in her splash art, and they won’t count as a Geo Construct when placed on the field.
- Chiori’s ascension stat is CRIT RATE, and her signature weapon will provide 88% CRIT DMG at Level 90.
- Her Normal Attack animations will feature a dual wielding combo, similar to Alhaitham.
- Her Elemental Burst will have front-loaded damage, similar to Ayaka.
- It remains to be determined if her abilities will have synergy based on the amount of Crystallize Shards or Geo Constructs on the field, but the best iteration solely relies on Crystallize shards. This implies that she will be a good teammate for Navia.
- Chiori has dual scaling in her ability kit, and will make use of both DEF and ATK.
Chiori should begin beta testing soon, and Genshin Impact players who signed up for the beta will have a chance to test her out prior to launch. Her capability of dishing out Geo damage off-field has made the community wonder if Albedo’s role in Genshin Impact is being taken over by Chiori, as unlike his Geo Constructs, Chiori’s mannequins can’t be destroyed by boss enemies.
Ultimately, both Albedo and Chiori are supposed to feature on the Event Banners in Version 4.5, and there are even rumors of Genshin Impact adding a birthday banner to the mix. With Version 4.4 releasing on January 31, fans can expect to see Version 4.5 in mid-March.
Genshin Impact is an open-world RPG made by MiHoYo. Focusing on the interactions between seven elements, Genshin Impact is a free-to-play gacha game with a host of characters, weapons, regions, and more.
- September 28, 2020