The Sundial Puzzle is a challenging obstacle that players must solve during A Bird in the Hand mission in Hogwarts Legacy.
Hogwarts Legacy is an extraordinary game that appeals to gamers from all walks of life, especially fans of the Harry Potter books and movies. Like the source material, Hogwarts Legacy has many puzzles that keep players returning for more. However, some puzzles, such as the Sundial Puzzle during the “A Bird in the Hand” mission, are difficult to figure out than others.
The Sundial Puzzle is also known as the Moonstone Puzzle, which may seem complex at first. However, the puzzle is pretty straightforward using a single spell. Keeping this in mind, this blog will provide step-by-step instructions on solving the Sundial Puzzle in Hogwarts Legacy and other useful information.
Every Hogwarts Legacy House Difference Explained
Hogwarts Legacy allows players to pick their house: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff or Slytherin. However, each house is a unique experience.
A Bird in the Hand Puzzle Solution
To solve the puzzle during the A Bird in the Hand mission, follow these steps:
- After meeting Dorran the Centaur, the player will be led to the puzzle’s location.
- To solve the puzzle, a moonstone is required. Put the moonstone in the Sundial and look towards the door that needs to be unlocked.
- Look at the two symbols that light up and remember them.
- Look at the puzzle floor to find the same symbols from the door.
- Look for the two pillars in front casting shadows on the Sundial, one for the outer circle and the other for the inner circle.
- Position the pillars by moving them using the Accio spell so that the shadows cast on the two symbols that lit up from before.
- Once the shadows fall on the two symbols, the doors of the ruin will unlock.
If the puzzle does not work, it is highly likely that a similar looking symbol was selected. Two symbols are similar, one with a dot in the middle and the other without, so keep an eye out for this.
Players should now be able to complete the Sundial Puzzle, bringing them one step closer to completing the mission. Once the mission is complete, Dorran will thank the player, informing them they are responsible for Snidget eggs hatching, making it possible for the endangered species to live a protected and peaceful life under the care of Dorran and the other centaurs.