Learn how to complete the Novigrad, Closed City quest in The Witcher 3 along with other useful information.
The Witcher 3 has much to offer, so much so, players are discovering new and exciting things to this day. For instance, a quest “Novigrad, Closed City” will allow players to get their hands on a secret treasure.
The Witcher 3: How to Upgrade Your Horse (Roach)
Learn how to upgrade Roach for different buffs and passives, along with other useful information.
During the “Novigrad, Closed City” quest, players must look for three keys throughout Novigrad to unlock a secret treasure. However, the quest will occur twice, each time with different objectives. Unfortunately, many players do not know how to trigger the quest, let alone complete it. Keeping this in mind, this guide will illustrate how to start and complete the Closed City quest in The Witcher 3, along with other useful information.
How to Start and Complete the Closed City Quest in Novigrad
To start and complete the “Novigrad, Closed City” quest, follow these steps:
- Players must complete the “A Matter of Life and Death” quest beforehand.
- Completing the quest will lead to the Closed City quest, which is broken into two parts.
- The first part of the quest involves finding magical contraband by speaking with three bandits spread across Novigrad.
- Meeting either of the bandits will trigger the quest, and each of them will take Geralt to a location where he will have to fight against witch hunters and collect their keys.
- After collecting the three keys, unlock the chest at Fritz’s house to get Silver Ore, Steel Ingot, Glowing Ore, Pig Hide, Crowns, Pig Hide, and Formula Nigredo.
- The second part of the quest involves meeting with the Fisstech Dealers near the Golden Sturgeon.
- While conversing with the Fisstech Dealers, Geralt will learn of their lost friend (a lie to get Geralt to help).
- Geralt can use his Witcher Senses to find the lost friend.
- Geralt will find a wounded person, a Witch Hunter, and the Fisstech Dealers will want to kill him.
- Here, players can help the wounded Witch Hunter or let the Fisstech Dealers have their way.
Players will not be rewarded for helping the Witch Hunter, but it will not be wise to set him free since they have been hunting Geralt throughout the city. By killing the Witch Hunter, Geralt will be rewarded, and the quest will be complete.