Learn how to save Saskia in The Witcher 2 along with other useful information.
The Witcher 2 may be outdated, but it is worth checking out since it introduced many of the features players love in The Witcher 3. For instance, players can choose to make important decisions that could affect the game’s ending, like choosing between saving Saskia or Triss Merigold.
How to Make Money Fast in The Witcher 2
Learn how to farm Orens in the Witcher 2 to buy essential armor, weapons, and potions.
After breaking into a cell in Loc Muinne to save Philippa Eilhart, Geralt must make difficult choices that will affect upcoming events. Keeping this in mind, here, we’ll explain how players can save Saskia, how their choice will affect the game’s outcome, and other useful information.
How to Save Saskia
Follow these steps to save Saskia instead of Triss in The Witcher 2:
- If players choose the “You’ll life the spell from Saskia. Let’s go.” They have chosen to save Saskia instead of Triss.
- After freeing Philipa, Iorveth will join Geralt in finding the cure for Saskia’s curse.
- Follow Philippa and Iorveth in the sewers and look for a note on a table showing the pattern of the five candles to unlock a chest.
- Philipa will lead Geralt to the top of a tower where the chest is located.
- Try the different patterns to find one that works. After unlocking the chest, it will reveal an enchanted dagger.
- Philipa betrays Geralt and flies away after transforming into an owl.
- Geralt will now have to fight the dragon, leading to three different scenarios:
- Leave the dragon
- Kill the dragon
- Help the dragon using the enchanted dagger
8. Since Saskia is the dragon, use the enchanted dagger to help her return to her human form.
Save Saskia or Triss?
Players can save Triss by fighting through the Nilfgaardian camp and rescuing her. By saving Triss, she will accuse Sile de Tansarville of Foltest’s death, thus preventing the mages from being massacred. However, if players choose to save Saskia instead, many mages will die.
Playing through Roche’s arc will mean Geralt will never discover that Saskia is the dragon, meaning there will be no way to save her.
When choosing between Saskia or Triss, there is no better decision, as both have consequences that result in a few or many deaths.