- Minecraft has released new DLC centered around the Godzilla franchise, allowing players to play as either a human surviving the monster’s wrath or as Godzilla.
- The DLC, priced at 1510 Minecoins (about $8), includes features such as battling against other monsters, earning collectibles, and taking part in Monarch’s Quest to learn more about the monsters.
- The Godzilla DLC supports various environments and features multiple locations, including cities and nature environments. It also includes references to King Kong and allows players to fly in a Hollow Earth Aerial Vehicle.
Minecraft released new DLC centered around the Godzilla franchise. Minecraft players who purchase the DLC can play as a lowly human attempting to survive the monster’s wrath or play as Godzilla himself.
Minecraft players are no strangers to such expansions due to the game regularly releasing content packs. Minecraft DLC comes in a variety of forms, including skin packs, texture packs, mash-up packs, mini games, adventure maps, and more. Adventure maps, such as Minecraft‘s recent Star Wars Path of the Jedi DLC, are usually the game’s most robust content expansions other than official updates, and allow players to take part in unique missions in tailor-made worlds. Minecraft just released its latest adventure map DLC that seems to be packed full of features.
Minecraft 1.21 Could Be One Unusual Weapon’s Time to Shine
Minecraft’s 1.21 update could be the opportunity to change up combat, and rework one tool that’s become an unconventional weapon.
Minecraft players can now purchase the Godzilla DLC for 1510 Minecoins, which is about $8. However, the nearest Minecoin increment above 1510 that players can purchase is 1720 Minecoins, which costs about $10. Minecraft‘s Godzilla DLC allows players to become one of the franchise’s monsters and battle against others, and also allows users to play as regular humans while they navigate a city under siege and attempt to survive the monsters’ wrath. Players can also earn collectibles and learn more about the monsters by taking part in Monarch’s Quest.
Minecraft’s Godzilla DLC Features
- Play as a regular human attempting to survive Godzilla and other monsters
- Play as various versions of Godzilla and battle against other monsters
- Earn collectibles
- Take part in the Monarch’s Quest to learn more about the monsters
Minecraft users can purchase the DLC to battle against monsters from throughout the Godzilla franchise. The DLC appears to support a wide range of environments, as the trailer showed multiple locations including large cities and spacious nature environments. The trailer also confirmed that King Kong will be featured as well. The Godzilla DLC’s impressive amount of content led some fans to express their amazement in the comment section at how in-depth the mod appears to be, which was developed by Team-KYO and Impress.
Fans can also use the DLC to battle against various versions of Godzilla, including Shin Godzilla. Additionally, the trailer showed players flying in what appears to be a Hollow Earth Aerial Vehicle, another reference to the Godzilla franchise.
The new Godzilla DLC is just the latest addition to the game’s impressive library of officially supported mods, like Minecraft‘s Dungeons and Dragons DLC. This DLC is an adventure map as well and allows players to embark on a Dungeons and Dragons-themed adventure while visiting iconic locations from the franchise. The Dungeons and Dragons mod, which also costs 1510 Minecoins, lets players choose from some of the franchise’s classic character classes and implements dice-based combat and quests.
- PS4 , PS3 , PS Vita , Xbox One , Xbox 360 , Switch , 3DS , PC , Android , iOS , Wii U
- November 18, 2011
- Sandbox , Survival