- Minecraft Java Edition introduces the Wind Charge item in its newest snapshot, allowing players to launch powerful projectiles and use it for parkour maneuvers.
- The Wind Charge item can only be obtained by defeating the Breeze hostile mob, which drops four to six wind charges when defeated.
- Along with the Wind Charge, the snapshot also includes adjustments to tamed wolves, reducing their damage taken and increasing their health and ability to recover hearts when fed.
Minecraft Java Edition has added the Wind Charge item in its newest snapshot. Mojang supports Minecraft with frequent updates and snapshots that everybody can play. These snapshots add features in advance for players to test and give feedback to the developers before they make their way into the game.
Last year, Minecraft introduced several features through snapshots, like the Trial Chamber, a new procedurally generated dungeon filled with traps, mobs, and resources. Another update released in 2023 added Armadillo scutes and wolf armor, the crafter, and a new command that makes Minecraft mobs scary. This year, Minecraft has already released several snapshots, including the one that officially introduced the Vault, a block that holds treasure and loot, but can only be opened with the key found in the Trial Chamber. Now, a new Minecraft snapshot is available, and it comes with an exciting item for players to try out in their adventures.
Minecraft Player Makes Massive Airship That Actually Works
A Minecraft player creates a fully functional airship, and shares details along with footage depicting their impressive build in action.
Minecraft Java Edition snapshot 24w06a is available and has added a new item called Wind Charge. With this item, players can launch a powerful projectile or air to damage enemies and send nearby mobs flying. But this isn’t the only use for the wind charge, which can be used as a form of locomotion, as it charges players’ jumps, making parkour maneuvers in Minecraft extra fun. It’s important to note that the Wind Charge can’t be crafted, and the only way to get it is by defeating the Breeze, Minecraft‘s upcoming hostile mob, which drops four to six wind charges when defeated. To show the potential of the new item added by Mojang, Reddit user Nature17-NatureVerse posted a video using the Wind Charge.
Minecraft’s Wind Charge Has Parkour Potential
As well as introducing the wind charge, snapshot 24w06a has adjusted Minecraft‘s tamed wolves, which now have more health and recover twice as many hearts when fed by players. Mojang has also reduced the damage suffered by tamed wolves, which can withstand more attacks from arrows and other players. The armadillo has been tweaked and hides its head and feet when it takes damage. The mob got a new “coast is clear” animation before unrolling.
Snapshot 24w06a includes gameplay features that will be officially released in Minecraft update 1.2.1. The next major update after Trails and Tales doesn’t have a name yet, although players expect it to drop mid-year. While Minecraft Java Edition players can already test the new wave of content, Mojang promises to bring the content to Minecraft Bedrock Edition owners soon.
MINECRAFT SNAPSHOT 24W06A
- Become the Breeze! Using a Wind Charge will fire off a wind charge projectile similar to the Breeze’s
- A Wind Charge fired by a player will grant 10% more knockback than a Breeze’s, but have a much smaller area of impact
- Just like the projectile fired by the Breeze, Wind Charges fired by the player also deal damage if they hit an entity directly
- The Breeze drops between 4-6 Wind Charges when killed
- There is a half-second cooldown after each use
- Wind Charges can be fired from a dispenser
- Players that launch themselves with a wind charge only accumulate fall damage below the y-level of where they collided with the wind burst
- Tweaked the texture of Vaults to make them easier to distinguish from Trial Spawners
- Final tweaks to Armadillo
- Updates to Tamed Wolves health and damage
- Added option to use Japanese variants of CJK characters
- Hoppers will no longer try to pick up item entities if there is a full block placed above it
- Armadillos do not panic when damaged but roll up instead, and hide their head and feet
- Armadillos peek out to see if “the coast is clear” before unrolling
- New animations and sounds for rolling up and unrolling + the peek out animation
- With these changes the Armadillo work is done for now, and we are switching our attention to the Wolf Armor instead.
TAMED WOLVES HEALTH AND DAMAGE
- Tamed Wolves now have 40 health points (20 hearts) instead of 20 health points (10 hearts)
- They no longer take half of the damage from most environmental sources like they used to do
- In most cases this change will make no difference given the health boost, but now they can withstand more damage from players and arrows
- Feeding a Wolf now heals twice as many health points
JAPANESE FONT VARIANTS
- New option has been added to select Japanese variants for some CJK characters
- Replacement glyphs come from Japanese version of Unifont font
- New option is included in new “Font Settings” menu, accessible from “Language” menu
- Default value of this option is based on system locale language setting
- “Force Unicode” button has been moved to “Font Settings”
- The Data Pack version is now 31
- The Resource Pack version is now 26
- Improved hopper performance
- Added JFR (Java Flight Recorder) events for individual chunk reads (minecraft.ChunkRegionRead) and writes (minecraft.ChunkRegionWrite)
- Maximum length of a command in a function (including macro expansions) can no longer exceed 2,000,000 characters
- Reduced amount of data sent by the server during login by reusing parts of the vanilla datapack
DATA PACK VERSION 31
- Potion effect amplifiers are restricted between 0 and 255 again
- The former behavior of effects such as Jump Boost, Levitation, and Mining Fatigue over 127 has been replaced with new attributes
- Added generic.gravity attribute that controls blocks/tick^2 acceleration downward
- Added generic.safe_fall_distance attribute to control the fall distance after which the entity will take fall damage
- Added generic.fall_damage_multiplier attribute to multiply overall fall damage amount
- Renamed horse.jump_strength to generic.jump_strength, and now applies to all entities
- This controls the base impulse from a jump (before jump boost or modifier on block)
- Added player.block_break_speed attribute that acts as a multiplier over block breaking speed for players
- All block positions are now stored as an array of 3 integers instead of a map of X, Y, and Z
- FlowerPos and HivePos in Bees have been renamed to flower_pos and hive_pos
- FlowerPos in Beehives has been renamed to flower_pos
- BeamTarget in End Crystals has been renamed to beam_target
- Leash in all leashable entities has been renamed to leash
- PatrolTarget in patrolling mobs has been renamed to patrol_target
- ExitPortal in End Gateways has been renamed to exit_portal
- WanderTarget in Wandering Traders has been renamed to wander_target
- Added ‘minecraft:blocks_wind_charge_explosions’ for blocks not impacted by the explosion when hit by Wind Charge.
RESOURCE PACK VERSION 26
- Added font variant filters to font providers
FONT VARIANT FILTERS
- Every glyph provider can now be enabled or disabled based on certain set of variants
- Available variants are currently hardcoded and controlled by font options menu
- Current variants:
- uniform – wired to “Force Uniform” button
- jp – wired to “Japanese Glyph Variants” button
- Filters are defined in section called filter, available for every glyph provider
- Keys in that object are variant names (for example uniform)
- Glyph provider will be included only when value in filter matches actual value of variant in key
FIXED BUGS IN 24W06A
- MC-72151 – Snow Golem’s snowballs damage wolves instead of pushing them
- MC-193202 – Tamed wolf health resets when NBT is loaded (e.g. relog)
- MC-259142 – Hoppers with barrel facing downwards on top picking up item
- MC-261846 – Japanese language uses a Chinese font
- MC-264684 – Too long macro silently fails
- MC-267512 – Invulnerable ghasts can be killed with reflected fireballs
- MC-267917 – Baby armadillos don’t make an eating sound when feeding them spider eyes
- MC-267940 – Armadillo’s scute drop timer is not saved to data
- MC-268065 – Armadillos with no AI roll up after being attacked
- MC-268091 – “Shuniji”, “Dragon Fish” and “Axolotl” no longer play underwater
- MC-268096 – Singleplayer client discards synced biome tags
- MC-268179 – Horse armor and wolf armor disappear when right-clicking in the air
- MC-268189 – “block.vault.fall” uses placeholder sounds
Minecraft is a sandbox video game that puts players in procedurally generated worlds and offers them no guidance whatsoever in where to go or what to do, creating a sense of freedom that was unparalleled in 2011. Minecraft has gone on to become the highest-selling video game of all time.
- PS4 , PS3 , PS Vita , Xbox One , Xbox 360 , Switch , 3DS , PC , Android , iOS , Wii U
- November 18, 2011