- Final Fantasy 14 players can now decorate their homes and Island Sanctuary with the iconic square grapes from Endwalker, thanks to the new Labyrinthos Grape Lamppost furnishing added in Patch 6.55.
- Originally, the grapes had a comically low-poly blocky texture, but they were updated later. However, the square grapes have made a comeback in the game, much to the delight of fans who loved the absurdly chunky fruits.
- The Labyrinthos Grape Lamppost can be obtained by purchasing it from the Market Board or by crafting it as an Alchemist. It has quickly become a fan favorite and can be seen in many housing wards throughout the game.
Final Fantasy 14 recently added a new furnishing item that hearkens back to the iconic square grapes from Endwalker’s original release. The Labyrinthos Grape Lamppost outdoor furnishing, added in Patch 6.55, lets Final Fantasy 14 players immortalize the meme outside their homes and Island Sanctuary forever.
During Endwalker, players visit a subterranean facility called Labyrinthos where they see many different crops, including grapes growing on a vine. Originally, these grapes were comically low-poly, giving them a blocky, square texture. A couple of weeks later, Final Fantasy 14 updated the grapes to have a better model, much to the chagrin of players who had fallen in love with the absurdly chunky fruits.
Final Fantasy 14 Giving Away Free Fantasia for Dawntrail Graphics Update
Final Fantasy 14 fans will be able to tweak details on their character’s appearance for free after the new graphical update comes in Dawntrail.
However, in Final Fantasy 14 Patch 6.55, the square grapes made a comeback in an unexpected way. The update added tons of features to the game, including some new furnishing items. One of these items, the Labyrinthos Grape Lamppost, is a direct reference to the original square grapes of Endwalker fame. The flavor text entry for this item also gives a hilarious lore background to the grapes and their replacements and even gives a nod to players who preferred the blocky originals. Fans can get this new furnishing by purchasing it from the Market Board, or by crafting it as an Alchemist.
How to Get the Labyrinthos Grape Lamppost in FF14
- Purchase it directly off the Market Board.
- Current prices range from 14,000 gil to 30,000 gil depending on the server.
- Craft or commission it from an Alchemist.
- 5 Berkanan Sap, 3 Shroud Seedlings, 4 Growth Formula Kappa, 1 Glade Pendant Lamp, and 32 Water and Lightning Crystals are needed to make it.
- Requires level 90, with a recommended Craftsmanship of 2805.
This new furnishing isn’t the only time Final Fantasy 14 has made a cheeky nod to the Endwalker Grapes. During last year’s Fan Festival in Las Vegas, Final Fantasy 14 gave attendees a real version of the grapes in the form of a stress ball. That said, the Labyrinthos Grape Lamppost is the first in-game tribute to the meme – and is much easier to get than the limited-run FanFest collectible.
Needless to say, fans were charmed by the Labyrinthos Grape Lamppost, with most housing wards already having at least a few, if not dozens, of the lamppost spread throughout the plots. While the surprise cyberpunk city in Dawntrail will probably inspire plenty of amazing furnishings, the grape lamp will undoubtedly still hold a special place in the hearts of fans for the rest of the critically acclaimed MMORPG’s history.
Final Fantasy 14
Final Fantasy XIV’s original release was less-than-stellar, with many fans blasting the game for its array of issues. This prompted developers to cancel the MMO and rebuild it as Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Since then, the title has seen a massive resurgence and has quickly become one of the best MMOs ever made, with hundreds of thousands of subscribers online at any given time.
- August 27, 2013
- Online Multiplayer
- Crystal Tools
- T for Teen: Alcohol Reference, Animated Blood, Language, Suggestive Themes, Violence
- Platforms That Support Crossplay
- PC, PS4 & PS5
- PS Plus Availability