- All 10 of the best-selling Nintendo Switch games are published by Nintendo, with no change in the rankings.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has reached 60.58 million units sold, likely due to holiday bundles.
- There may be some shake-ups in the rankings soon, with games like The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and Pokemon Scarlet and Violet gaining sales momentum.
Nintendo has provided updated sales numbers for the 10 best-selling Switch games. Following the disastrous Wii U, the Nintendo Switch has been a massive success. The home console/handheld hybrid has become one of the best-selling home video game consoles of all time, with many of its games posting impressive sales numbers.
Nintendo has periodically updated the list of the 10 best-selling Nintendo Switch games, giving fans an idea of what has performed well on the system. As one might imagine, the 10 best-selling Switch games list has been dominated by Nintendo-published titles. Based on the latest sales data provided by Nintendo, that remains true.
Nintendo Switch Breaks Another Historic Sales Record
The latest Switch sales figures confirm that Nintendo’s hit hybrid console broke another astonishing record just ahead of its seventh anniversary.
All 10 of the best-selling Switch games were published by Nintendo. The list hasn’t changed since the last time Nintendo shared sales data. All the same games are represented, and they are even in the same position as they were last time. However, the specific sales numbers for the games have been updated. For example, at last count, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was at 57.01 million units sold, but it has now reached 60.58 million units. It’s quite likely that this boost was in part thanks to the popular Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Switch bundles that Nintendo released over the holiday season.
The 10 Best-Selling Nintendo Switch Games as of February 2024
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 60.58 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 44.79 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 33.67 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 31.61 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 27.65 million
- Pokemon Sword and Shield – 26.17 million
- Pokemon Scarlet and Violet – 24.36 million
- Super Mario Party – 20.34 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – 20.28 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 17.20 million
The next time Nintendo provides sales numbers, it’s quite likely that there will be some shake-ups. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom sales have been incredibly strong, and it’s real close to surpassing Super Mario Party. It’s also feasible that Pokemon Scarlet and Violet will eventually pass Pokemon Sword and Shield, as the games just recently passed Pokemon Gold and Silver when it comes to the best-selling Pokemon games list and continue to receive support through DLC and updates.
One game that has yet to crack the top 10 is 2023’s Super Mario Bros. Wonder. Super Mario Bros. Wonder earned glowing reviews and was a sales success, but it still needs time to catch up to New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe. Time will tell if it ever surpasses that game, but it will be interesting to see what happens.
In the meantime, many are wondering about Nintendo’s future plans. Rumor has it that a Nintendo Direct could be taking place as early as this week, where Nintendo is expected to showcase upcoming games for the Nintendo Switch and may even hint at its future console. Nintendo has not announced any official plans for a Nintendo Direct yet, so fans should keep their expectations in check for now.
Nintendo Switch OLED – Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Bundle
This Nintendo Switch console bundle brings together Nintendo’s flagship system and one of the most successful Nintendo fighting games ever: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The bundle also comes with a 3-month membership to Nintendo Switch Online, which allows players to fight online against other players around the globe.