The day and night cycle in Palworld will surely keep you on your toes. This isn’t just a Pokémon-esque adventure, but there are also survival mechanics thrown in for good measure. Here’s our guide on how to avoid getting cold in Palworld.
How to avoid the cold in Palworld
To avoid getting cold in Palworld, you need to have a source of warmth (i.e. fire) or you need to wear proper clothing. Do note that extreme temperatures will cause your character’s HP to get depleted, too. As such, it’s important to stave off the effects of the harsh environment.
Using fire and other sources of warmth
There are several means of using fire to stave off the cold in Palworld. Here are a few options if you need to find a source of warmth:
- Campsites – Upon starting the campaign, you should see a lone adventurer. Their campsite has a fire that you can get close to just to avoid getting cold.
- Hand-held Torch (requires 2x Wood and 2x Stone) – This is one of the most useful tools in the game. When equipped, you should be able to continue your trek since it’s easier to see in the dark.
- Campfire (requires 10x Wood) – Place this in your base so you can have a source of warmth and a bit of light.
- Mounted Torch (requires 5x Wood and 2x Stone) – You can plop down these structures around your base, serving as decorations and as a means of seeing your surroundings when it’s nighttime.
- Fire-type Pals – Certain Fire-type Pals also have a bright glow emanating from their bodies. These help you see better in the dark, too.
How to craft clothing to stave off the cold
If you want to avoid getting cold in Palworld, at least early in the game, you’re going to need the Cloth Outfit. This armor piece is unlocked via the Technology menu, and it requires 2x Cloth. You can make Cloth from 2x Wool items, which drop from Lamballs.
Equip the Cloth Outfit so you can stay warm at night in the game’s initial area, which is more of a temperate zone. Bear in mind that there are even more extreme temperatures in other biomes. For these, you’ll need better gear, such as the Tundra Outfit and the Cold-Resistant Pelt Armor.
This is how you avoid getting cold in Palworld. The lands are vast and some areas are inhospitable, so try your best to be prepared. Mind you, we’re just talking about how to take care of your character. You might want to know how to manage your Pals and how to heal/revive them, too.
Wide-open expanses, unique biomes, and even stranger creatures await you in Palworld. You can learn more about the game in our guides hub.