Palworld boasts hundreds of creatures known as Pals. You’ll certainly encounter a lot of them throughout your adventure–as many as 111 according to the in-game Paldeck. We have an ongoing gallery to help you get acquainted with all Pals in Palworld, but for now, here’s our guide on how to catch Pals in Palworld.
How to catch Pals in Palworld
You can catch Pals in Palworld by throwing a Pal Sphere once they’re low on HP. Here’s what you need to do:
- Craft Pal Spheres via the Primitive Workbench. Each Pal Sphere requires 1x Paldium Fragment, 3x Wood, and 3x Stone. You can refer to our Paldium Fragment guide if you need help finding this resource.
- It’s also possible to find Pal Spheres left on the ground, albeit rarely.
- Once you have at least one Pal Sphere, look for nearby Pals and attack them with some decent early-game weapons. Once they’re low on health, press the “Q” key, which is the default keybind for the Pal Sphere.
- The Pal will get pulled into the Pal Sphere, and you’re shown a color ring and the capture percentage. The creatures can still manage to escape due to a variety of factors.
- Note that completely depleting a Pal’s HP will cause it to get incapacitated. You can still loot some of its drops, but you won’t be able to capture that specific creature anymore.
Now that you’re able to catch a Pal in Palworld, you can have them follow you around to attack enemies. Alternatively, you can leave them at your base so they can conduct related tasks. You can take a look at our how to feed and manage Pals guide for more info.
What affects Pal capture rate
There are a few factors that affect how successful you are when attempting to catch Pals in Palworld:
- Pal Capture Rate setting – Prior to starting a game or generating your world, you should see a slider for the Pal Capture Setting. Increasing this also doubles the chance of snagging a creature.
- Pal health – The higher the Pal’s HP, the less successful you’ll be when trying to capture them.
- Pal level and rarity – The tougher your target, the more difficult it is to claim as your own.
- Statue of Power character boost – Later, you’ll get to build the Statue of Power, which confers various boosts. You can upgrade your character’s capture rate modifier here, too.
This is how you catch Pals in Palworld. There’s a lot of them to meet throughout the game world, so you better be on the lookout for those that you haven’t found yet. Speaking of encountering more creatures, you might want to know how to heal and revive Pals in case you battle tougher opponents.
Wide-open expanses, unique biomes, and even stranger creatures await you in Palworld. You can learn more about the game in our guides hub.