Palworld has numerous deadly creatures roaming its vast landscapes. One of the first that you’re bound to encounter is a massive elephant. Here’s our guide on how to defeat and catch the Mammorest in Palworld.
How to defeat and catch the Mammorest in Palworld
You can catch the Mammorest by finding them in various spawn locations. You can see an image of their habitats below.
Note that Mammorests tend to be around level 18 or so. However, there’s an Alpha Pal (i.e. elite) that appears fairly close to the starting area. They’re known as the Mammorest King of the Forest, and it’s around level 38.
How to cheese the Mammorest King of the Forest encounter
The easiest way to take out the Mammorest King of the Forest is by forcing the Pals at your base to attack them. Here’s a quick summary:
- Since the Mammorest King of the Forest is level 38, you should be roughly level 30 or so.
- The idea is to place a Palbox in the vicinity. This will act as your home base.
- Continue exploring the world so you can find more Pals. Ideally, you should capture those that are at a higher level and are either fire types or ice types.
- Unlock and craft Giga Spheres or, even better, Hyper Spheres and Ultra Spheres.
When you’re ready, reassign all work-type Pals and swap them with those more suited for combat roles (i.e. fire types, ice types, or high-level ones). For example, our base had the following: Arsox, Foxparks, Penking, Digitoise, Bristla, Bushi, and more.
Next, shoot the Mammorest and have them chase you back to your base. The creature should, hopefully, cause the Pals at your base to aggro. When this happens, the Pals defending your base will attack the Mammorest, too. Although they won’t deal as much damage as your active Pal, they’ll help whittle down the Mammorest’s massive health pool.
Once the Mammorest’s HP is low enough, toss a higher-tier Pal Sphere and pray that you can capture it. You can visit our Pal Capture Rate guide if you need more help on how to boost this stat.
Mammorest skills and work suitability
If you can catch the Mammorest in Palworld, you’ll see that they have the following perks:
- Planting level 2
- Lumbering level 2
- Mining level 2
The elephant’s skills include:
- Earth Impact – Shakes the earth and deals damage over a wide area.
- Grass Tornado – Creates two tornadoes and launches them at a target.
- Power Bomb – Charges a large orb and tosses it at an opponent.
Last but not least, you can craft the Mammorest Saddle, which requires 50x Leather, 70x Fiber, 10x High-quality Pal Oil, 100x Wood, and 60x Paldium Fragments. This lets you ride the Mammorest. You can learn more about this mechanic in our Pal mounts guide.
This is how you defeat and capture the Mammorest in Palworld. This foe is just one of many that lurk in the game’s vast areas. There are others that can be found in Sealed Realms, too.
Wide-open expanses, unique biomes, and even stranger creatures await you in Palworld. You can learn more about the game in our guides hub.