- Palworld’s latest update, version 0.1.3.0, fixes bugs and improves stability, but it has caused some issues for co-op players on dedicated servers and has led to congested access for players trying to log in.
- The developers of Palworld are aware of these problems and have apologized for the inconvenience. They ask players to be patient and wait before trying to connect to the servers.
- While smaller updates like this one are important for improving the game, the community is eagerly anticipating bigger updates that will introduce new features like PvP, Raid Bosses, and Steam-Xbox crossplay.
Palworld has released update 0.1.3.0 for the Steam version of the game, but it has unfortunately been causing some headaches. The massively successful Palworld has sailed past 8 million copies sold on Steam alone since its early access launch, and its momentum doesn’t look like it’s slowing down any time soon.
Developer Pocketpair has been frequently communicating with the Palworld community since the game’s launch, with the developers releasing multiple new updates in an effort to address the technical problems plaguing the Pokemon meets Minecraft survival game. Palworld updates so far have largely focused on squashing bugs and making the game more stable for those playing it, though future updates will add more substantial content to the game.
PETA Releases Statement on Palworld
The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, PETA, issues a statement about the supposed animal cruelty in Pocketpair’s survival game Palworld.
While fans wait for bigger updates, they can continue expecting smaller ones that fix the game’s problems. Just recently, Palworld released a new update for the Steam version of the game that brings it up to version 0.1.3.0. The update fixes a loading screen bug, a bug where the world date was not displayed correctly, incorrect text, and applies some unspecified countermeasures against cheats and exploits. An Xbox update, version 0.1.1.1, is also in the works, but has not been released at the time of this writing.
While the new Palworld update has fixed some of the game’s bugs, it has also caused some unfortunate issues. For example, Palworld co-op players on dedicated servers are unable to play if the host player has yet to update their version of the game. The Palworld developers have also noted that the game is currently experiencing “congested access” due to the sheer number of people trying to log back in after downloading the latest update. The Palworld team has said that it is “sorry for the inconvenience” and asks that fans wait before trying to jump back into the game.
The Palworld community no doubt appreciates updates like this, as they go a long way in improving the experience. However, others may be more interested in the bigger Palworld updates that are on the way. Recently, developer Pocketpair shared a Palworld content roadmap that confirmed the studio is first focused on addressing the game’s “critical issues” and improving the experience, but that it will eventually add PvP, Raid Bosses, a Pal Arena, Steam-Xbox crossplay, Xbox Feature Improvements, Server Transfers and Migrations, Improvements to the Building System, and finally, new Islands, Pals, Bosses, and Technologies.
Palworld Update Patch Notes
- Fixed a bug where the loading screen did not end when logging into the world
- Fixed a bug where the world date was not displayed correctly and appeared to reset
- Corrected various incorrect text
- Countermeasures against cheats and exploits
- January 19, 2024
- Pocket Pair, Inc.
- Pocket Pair, Inc.
- Unreal Engine 5
- T For Teen Due To Violence
- Number of Players
- 1-4 (Co-Op); 32 Players Server Limit