A new update has arrived for Palworld, adding several tweaks to the Pokemon-inspired survival-crafting game on both PC and Xbox Series X|S. One of the major fixes is focused on save data, as the previous update introduced an issue where saves remained in a broken state and were impossible to load.
This should now be rectified once Palworld has been updated, and if you happen to have over 7,000 Pals in your collection, another issue where the game would always crash and save data would be corrupted has also been fixed.
The other thing worth mentioning in this patch is developer Pocketpair’s focus on cheats and exploits. The studio has regularly tackled cheats in the game since it launched in early access, and a few more countermeasures have been introduced. Finally, any Pals who have been sleeping for roughly forever should be getting a wake-up call in this update.
Palworld has been a big hit since it launched, selling more than 12 million copies on Steam alone. It’s now the most-played third-party day-one launch in Game Pass history and has seen millions of daily users logging in to play it. Dedicated server upgrades for the Xbox version are also in the pipeline, as a partnership with Microsoft was announced by Pocketpair recently.
Palworld Update v0.1.4.1 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where the game would always crash and save data would be corrupted when the total number of Pals captured by the guild reached approximately 7000.
- In the previous patch, save data that had already been in this state (for servers, the server’s world data) remained in a broken state that made it impossible to load, but after applying this patch it will be resolved and will load properly.
- Fixed an issue where some weapons equipped by other players would disappear when a player used a grenade in multiplayer.
- Fixed an issue where, although the displayed capture probability increased when the capture power was strengthened with Lifmunk Effigies, the capture probability did not actually increase at all due to an internal processing bug.
- Fixed an issue where if a Pal that was manually assigned to a breeding farm went to sleep, it would not wake up forever.
- Fixed an issue where no wood would drop when Pal at the base felled a tree.
- Implemented countermeasures against some cheats and exploits.