Sending Gifts in Pokemon GO has been an age-old tradition and it doesn’t cost anything for players to be generous.
Gifts are considered a sweet gesture and don’t require a special occasion to be given. Similarly, in Pokemon GO, gifts can be sent to friends every day, with the unit being capped at one per day for each friend. Now the question is – do you need to pay for gifts? No. These gift hampers can be acquired from Pokestops as well as from a player’s Buddy Pokemon, who can obtain them from nearby Pokestops.
So, one doesn’t necessarily run out of gifts in Pokemon GO but, if you do, all you have to do is check nearby landmarks for Pokestops. Gifting goes both ways and players can receive one from each friend per day. One can house 20 gifts at once, although they do not take up inventory space.
Pokemon GO: How To Beat Arlo (February 2024)
This Pokemon GO guide details the Team GO Rocket leader, Arlo, and his Shadow Pokemon counters for February 2024.
What Are Gifts in Pokemon GO And How Do They Work?
Gifts in Pokemon GO come with items like Berries, Pokeballs, and Potions. These items are very basic in nature but are necessary for a Pokemon trainer to have in their inventory at all times, thus promoting the gifting culture in the game. When you acquire a Gift from a Pokestop, it comes with a postcard of the landmark, which you can save in your Postcard Book. When this Gift is sent to a friend, they get the postcard as well. To send a Gift to a friend, follow these easy steps:
- Get a Gift from a Pokestop. If you already have one, go to your Friends tab from your Trainer Profile (bottom left corner).
- Choose a friend you want to gift.
- Tap the ‘Send Gift’ option.
- Choose the Gift you want to send among all the options you have.
- You can also add a sticker at this stage to personalize the Gift. However, it is not necessary to do so.
Receiving and opening a Gift is very similar to sending one. Follow the steps below to learn how to open a Gift from a friend:
- Click on your Trainer Profile and go to the Friends list.
- If you have a Gift from a friend, you’ll see a Gift icon under their name. Go to their profile and click on the floating Gift.
- The Postcard location of the Gift will pop up. Click Open.
If you click on the Postcard, you’ll be able to read a short description of the place your Gift is coming from. Pokemon GO players need to keep in mind that they won’t be able to send a Gift to a friend who hasn’t opened their last Gift from them. Sending Gifts to friends has other benefits as well since it helps increase the friendship level. Raising friendship provides certain benefits to players and sending Gifts is the easiest way to do so.
- July 6, 2016
- Augmented Reality