- Sony has confirmed the new games coming to the Premium tier of PlayStation Plus on January 16, including Legend of Mana and Star Wars: Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace.
- PS Plus Premium offers subscribers access to a wide selection of games, and the new additions ensure a variety of options for January.
- Additionally, PS Plus Extra subscribers will have access to games like Resident Evil 2 and Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands: Next-Level Edition on the same day.
Sony has confirmed the five games that are coming to the Premium tier of its PlayStation Plus subscription service on Tuesday, January 16. PlayStation Plus Premium is the highest tier of PS Plus, but it gives subscribers significant bang for their buck. A PS Plus Premium subscription gives subscribers access to a selection of classic games on top of all the benefits that are associated with the PS Plus Essential and PS Plus Extra tiers.
PS Plus Essential gives players the monthly free PS Plus games, while PS Plus Extra adds some rotating PS4 and PS5 games into the mix. With PS Plus Premium, subscribers are able to access everything that PlayStation Plus has to offer, meaning subscribers have instant access to a dizzying number of games at any given time. And soon the PS Plus Premium selection will grow, as five more games will be coming to the service on Tuesday, January 16.
What to Expect From PS Plus in 2024
PS Plus is coming off a hot year in 2023, meaning some things will likely remain the same while other things are bound to change eventually.
Sony has announced that Legend of Mana, Rally Cross, Secret of Mana, Star Wars: Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace, and Street Fighter: 30th Anniversary Collection are all coming to PS Plus Premium next week. Legend of Mana and Secret of Mana are the PS4 versions of those games, while Rally Cross and Star Wars: Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace are pulled straight from the PS1. Street Fighter: 30th Anniversary Collection is technically 12 games in one, ensuring PS Plus Premium subscribers should have no shortage of games to play in January.
New PS Plus Premium Games for January 2024 List
- Legend of Mana
- Rally Cross
- Secret of Mana
- Star Wars: Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace
- Street Fighter: 30th Anniversary Collection
- Street Fighter
- Street Fighter 2: The World Warrior
- Street Fighter 2: Champion Edition
- Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting
- Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers
- Street Fighter 2 Turbo
- Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors’ Dreams
- Street Fighter Alpha 2
- Street Fighter Alpha 3
- Street Fighter 3: New Generation
- Street Fighter 3: 2nd Impact – Giant Attack
- Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike – Fight for the Future
Out of all the new PS Plus Premium games for January 2024, the one that might excite fans the most is Star Wars: Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace. The Phantom Menace PS1 game earned mixed reviews when it first launched in 1999, but is still remembered fondly by many nostalgic Star Wars fans. Many will likely appreciate the opportunity to revisit the game on a new platform, and it will be interesting to see what kind of reaction it gets from modern gamers.
Of course, PS Plus Premium subscribers also get access to the new PS Plus Extra games. The new PS Plus Extra games for January 2024 were announced alongside the new PS Plus Premium games and consist of Hardspace: Shipbreaker, Just Cause 3, LEGO City Undercover, Resident Evil 2, Session: Skate Sim, Shadow Tactics: Blade of the Shogun, Surviving the Aftermath, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands: Next-Level Edition, and Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong. Like the PS Plus Premium games, the new PS Plus Extra games will also be available on Tuesday, January 16.
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker (PS5 only)
- Just Cause 3
- LEGO City Undercover
- Resident Evil 2
- Session: Skate Sim
- Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
- Surviving the Aftermath
- Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands: Next-Level Edition
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong