- Capcom is releasing Resident Evil 4: Gold Edition on February 20, which includes the base game, Separate Ways DLC, and Extra DLC Pack.
- The Extra DLC Pack includes costumes/filters for Leon and Ashley, accessories, weapons, soundtrack swap, and a treasure map expansion.
- Capcom’s decision to release a new version of the game within a year is not surprising, as re-releases are common and bundling additional content could boost sales even more.
Capcom has announced Resident Evil 4: Gold Edition for release on February 20 across PC, PS4, PS5, and Xbox Series X. Capcom first released the Resident Evil 4 remake last year, and as expected, it earned near-universal acclaim from critics. Many praised the Resident Evil 4 remake for retaining what made the original game such a hit in the first place while simultaneously making major improvements to meet the standards of modern audiences.
Post-launch, Capcom supported the Resident Evil 4 remake with free updates that added the missing Mercenaries mode to the game and more. The Resident Evil 4 remake received its fair share of paid DLC as well, including the Separate Ways DLC campaign and controversial microtransactions. The new version of the game will look to combine the Resident Evil 4 remake with some of its post-launch DLC, making it the most complete way to experience the critically-acclaimed game so far.
Resident Evil 4 Remake: Separate Ways – 10 Best Weapons
Ada has access to an array of useful weapons in Resident Evil 4 Remake’s Separate Ways DLC. Here are the best ones on offer.
When Resident Evil 4: Gold Edition releases on February 20, it will give fans access to the beloved base game, the Separate Ways campaign starring fan favorite character Ada Wong, and the Extra DLC Pack. Pricing information has not been released for Resident Evil 4: Gold Edition at the time of this writing, but currently, the base game costs $59.99, Separate Ways costs $9.99, and the Extra DLC Pack costs $19.99. It’s likely Resident Evil 4: Gold Edition will give players some kind of a deal, but again, specific pricing information is not available just yet.
What Comes in Resident Evil 4 Remake Gold Edition?
- Resident Evil 4
- Separate Ways DLC
- Extra DLC Pack
- Casual, Romantic, Hero, and Villain Costumes/Filters for Leon
- Casual and Romantic Costumes for Ashley
- Sunglasses (Sporty) Accessory for Leon
- Sentinel Nine and Skull Shaker Weapons
- Original Ver. Soundtrack Swap
- Treasure Map: Expansion
Some Resident Evil 4 fans may not even realize what comes in the Extra DLC Pack, but it includes the Casual, Romantic, Hero, and Villain costumes/filters for Leon S. Kennedy, along with Casual and Romantic costumes for Ashley. Leon is also treated to the Sunglasses (Sporty) accessory, the Sentinel Nine and Skull Shaker weapons, an “Original Ver.” Soundtrack Swap, and the Treasure Map: Expansion item.
While some may be surprised that Capcom is releasing a new version of the Resident Evil 4 remake before the game’s 1-year anniversary, many others likely saw this coming. Capcom likes to re-release its big games as much as possible, and with Resident Evil 4 now the fastest-selling game in the series, it makes sense to strike while the iron is hot. Bundling Separate Ways and other content with the base game could convince those that have been holding out to finally buy the game, boosting the Resident Evil 4 remake’s sales even more.
Resident Evil 4 Remake
- March 24, 2023
- Survival Horror
- M for Mature 17+ due to Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language
- How Long To Beat
- 16 Hours
- PS Plus Availability