- Fans can finally play Ubisoft’s Skull and Bones during its open beta from February 7th, with exclusive rewards carrying over to the full release.
- The beta will be available for Xbox Series X and S, PlayStation 5, and PC users, with progress and rewards transferring to the full game.
- Players can expect to engage in naval battles, exploration, and more, as they progress from ordinary pirates to higher ranks in the game.
After years of waiting, fans can finally play Ubisoft’s Skull and Bones during its open beta beginning on February 7th. The beta features exclusive rewards that will carry over to Skull and Bones‘ full release.
Although it was announced way back in 2017, Skull and Bones‘ is finally launching on February 16th. Skull and Bones initially began as an expansion to Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag, but multiple developer changes, new ideas, and tons of delays have morphed the game into its own thing. In Skull and Bones, players start out as ordinary pirates before attempting to claw their way up the ranks by taking part in naval battles, exploration, and more. Fortunately for those who didn’t get to participate in the game’s closed betas, there isn’t much waiting left before every fan can finally dive in.
Skull and Bones Needs to Be in Shipshape Order for Its Release Date
Skull and Bones may finally release in the next couple of months, but if Ubisoft wants it to make a splash then it needs to ensure it is top notch.
Ubisoft announced that Skull and Bones‘ open beta will launch on February 7th at 9 pm EST and will end on February 11th at 6 pm EST. Users can preload the beta beginning on February 6th at 4 am EST. The beta will be available to all Xbox Series X and S, PlayStation 5, and PC users. PC fans can download the beta through Ubisoft Connect or the Epic Games Store. Beta progression will carry over to the full game and also allows users to earn exclusive rewards in two ship cosmetics, an emote, a pet, and a weapon. During the beta, players can take part in Main Campaign Contracts, Bounty Contracts, Side Contracts, World Events, and more.
Skull and Bones Open Beta Dates and Times
- Preload: February 6th at 4 am EST
- Start: February 7th at 9 pm EST
- End: February 11th at 6 pm EST
In Skull and Bones‘ open beta, players will encounter multiple factions while exploring the Red Isle, coast of Africa, open seas, and East Indies. Also, fans who watch one of their favorite Twitch streamers play the open beta for an hour will earn the Snow Leopard pet Twitch drop. The beta will have a level cap but will allow players to continue playing after they reach said level. Users can still hunt down loot, earn silver, and complete activities after reaching the cap of Brigand (Tier 6 Rank 1). Skull and Bones players can also begin customizing their ships during the open beta, a feature that’s been a big hit among some fans.
Exclusive Rewards in Skull and Bones’ Open Beta
- Ship cosmetic: Sir Reginald Grim Sail emblem (Reach Tier 2)
- Ship cosmetic: Tarred Sail pattern (Reach Tier 4)
- Emote: Sign Language (Reach Tier 6)
- Pet: “Cookie” The Lemur (Use a medium ship)
- Weapon: “Basilisk I” Culverin (Participate in a World Event)
Recently, Skull and Bones revealed its year-one roadmap, which includes four seasons that will introduce new missions, world events, and unlockable items. Each season will feature a different Pirate Lord that players can take down after becoming capable enough.
The beta’s release only a week before Skull and Bones‘ full launch makes it seem more like a demo than a beta. Some fans had their complaints after playing Skull and Bones‘ closed betas, so new players might want to keep some of their expectations in check. However, the ambitious game will hopefully be a hit among pirate fans.
Skull and Bones
- February 16, 2024