In this article, fans will learn everything about Void Salts in Skyrim, including how to get and use them.
- Where to Find Void Salts in Skyrim
- How to Use Void Salts in Skyrim
While wandering through Skyrim, Dragonborn can find hundreds of different items, starting from garbage and ending with ancient weapons and extremely useful resources. However, some of them, such as Void Salts, are quite difficult to find in Skyrim.
Part of what makes Void Salts so rare is that it’s quite difficult to spot among other items. In addition, it can be found in certain locations, from which it can only be stolen.
How to Get the Stormcloak Officer Armor in Skyrim
Learn how to get the Stormcloak Officer Armor in Skyrim along with other useful information.
Where to Find Void Salts in Skyrim
Void Salts look like a small bowl with black salts inside. For this reason, it is no different from other less rare resources in Skyrim. But despite its rarity, you can quickly collect the required amount of this resource if you know where to look:
- Storm Atronach – These enemies almost always drop Void Salts upon death. Dragon Priests often summon them during battles. But you can also summon these mobs using the Staff of the Storm Atronach or Conjure Storm Atronach spell.
- Falmer – These enemies also drop this resource, but with a hardly small chance.
- Player’s Houses in Skyrim – Alchemy lab in Proudspire Manor (Solitude), Hjerim (Windhelm), and Honeyside (Riften) contain several Void Salts items.
- Alchemy Shops – In shops such as Arcadia’s Cauldron or Thaumaturgist’s Hut, you can purchase this resource. But most of the time it’s on the shelves, so you’ll have to steal it.
- Other Shops – Some stores like Fletcher’s in Solitude or Sadri’s Used Wares in Windhelm may also have Void Salts on their shelves.
- The Straw that Broke Quest – Once completed, you may receive Void Salts as a reward from Narfi.
- Crafting – In Atronach Forge, under the College of Winterhold, you can transform some resources into others. In the case of Void Salts, you need one Salt Pile, one Amethyst, and one Soul Gem. It is worth noting that any Soul Gem will do.
- College of Winterhold – Several Void Salts can be found in Arch Mage’s Quarters.
- Other Places – Players can also find Void Salts in various temples and dungeons.
Skyrim: How To Cure Serana
Vampirism is one of the diseases in the Skyrim world, and here’s how to cure Serana, your vampire companion in Dawnguard.
How to Use Void Salts in Skyrim
One of the most important uses of Void Salts in Skyrim is to upgrade Nightingale Armor. This light armor is a great choice if you are playing as a thief class. Besides this, this resource can also be used to craft other items and equipment:
- Exploding Steel Bolt of Shock
- Exploding Dwarven Bolt of Shock
- Improved Bonemold Armor Set
- Various Storm Atronach items, including Staff of the Storm Atronach
- Enchanted Daedric Armor
Also, Void Salts are an alchemical resource. In other words, it can be used to brew potions. Here are the effects you can get as a result:
- Fortify Magicka
- Magic Resist
- Damage Health
- Weakness to Shock
- November 11, 2011