Potions can save your life more than once in Skyrim. But to brew them, you will need to collect various ingredients, some of which may be quite rare. One of these is Frost Salts, which will make you run around many locations in Skyrim.
Players will need Frost Salts for potions, as well as for crafting items if they have the Dawnguard add-on. Therefore, you need to collect as many of these ingredients as possible, which, fortunately, can be done in several ways.
Skyrim: How to Get Hagraven Claws
This quick guide will show you how to get Hagraven Claws in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Where to Find Frost Salts in Skyrim?
The easiest way to get Frost Salts in Skyrim is to purchase them from one of the Alchemist’s shops. However, if you want to keep your valuable gold, you have to go around almost the whole world. For example, when searching alchemy laboratories, you will find Apothecary’s Satchels. They may contain Frost Salts with a small chance.
Also, this ingredient can simply lie on the shelves in houses. Therefore, below, we have collected all the locations where you can definitely find Frost Salts:
- Severin Manor – In the alchemy room on the bookshelves.
- Dawnstar – Visit The Mortar and Pestle, and you will find Frost Salts on the second floor.
- College of Winterhold – Visit Drevis Neloren’s room in the Hall of Countenance. Also, you can craft Frost Salts in Atronach Forge using Salt Pile, Sapphire, and any type of soul gem.
- Solitude – By purchasing the alchemy room in Proudspire Manor, you can find several Frost Salts items. Pay attention that in other houses that the Dragonborn may purchase, this also works.
- Snapleg Cave – Check the tents to get Frost Salts.
- Riften – On the shelves next to the Arcane Enchanter in Mistveil Keep.
Who Drops Frost Salts in Skyrim?
Alternatively, you can get Frost Salts by killing certain enemies in Skyrim. We recommend it to you because, in addition to getting loot, you will improve your skills. Here’s who you should be hunting for Frost Salts:
- Hostile Mages
- Frost Atronachs
It is important to note that the first two options are not the most effective since they do not always drop the ingredient you need. At the same time, Frost Atronachs will always leave Frost Salts for you after death. However, this is only true for creatures found in the wild. Unfortunately, summoned Frost Atronachs do not drop anything.
Skyrim: How To Get and Use Jarrin Root
In this article, we’ll tell you everything about Jarrin Root in Skyrim, including how to get and use it.
How to Use Frost Salts in Skyrim
As we said, Frost Salts plays an important role as a Dawnguard add-on. You need it for crafting at the forge in Fort Dawnguard:
- Exploding Dwarven Bolts of Ice – 10 Steel Bolts and 1 Frost Salt.
- Exploding Steel Bolt of Ice – 10 Dwarven Bolts and 1 Frost Salt.
But even if you don’t have the Dawnguard add-on, this ingredient will be useful for you. With it, you can make many different potions since they can apply quite useful effects:
That’s all you need to know about how to get and use Frost Salts in Skyrim. In fact, finding it is easier than it seems, especially when you know where to look.
- November 11, 2011