- How to Get a Ruby in Stardew Valley
- How to Use a Ruby in Stardew Valley
Ruby is one of the rarest gems in Stardew Valley and can be sold for a decent amount of cash in return. This gem can be used for a multitude of other purposes as well, including gifting to a villager, using in quests, completing Community Center Bundles, and more.
Despite the rarity of Rubies, it’s still possible to find this gem with ease if you know exactly where to look. You can spot it often in the Mines for those who are beginners at the game. To locate some Rubies, here’s where you can pick them up.
Stardew Valley: How to Get the Gold Clock
Gold Clocks are a great way to flaunt your wealth in Stardew Valley. Here’s how you can unlock the expensive building.
How to Get a Ruby in Stardew Valley
Rubies can be found in Stardew Valley through a number of methods. This includes:
- Found in Ruby Nodes in the Mines, Skull Cavern, the Quarry, and Volcano Dungeon
- Found in Gem Nodes in the Mines, Skull Cavern, the Quarry, and Volcano Dungeon
- Can be dropped by Dwarvish Sentry enemies
- Can be found in Fishing Chests
- Can be found through Panning
If you’re just getting started out, the best way to locate Rubies is through the Mines. They’ll especially appear on higher-level floors, often from floor 40 and above. They’ll appear as brown rocks with red stones sticking out of them. There’s also a chance to get one from a Gem Node, though these are much less common in the Mines and can usually be found in Skull Cavern and Volcano Dungeon.
You can also occasionally get them through Panning, which requires you to complete the Fish Tank Bundles in the Community Center or by purchasing Panning from JojaMart. You can visit any body of water to do some Panning, and you’ll notice sparkling spots in the water. There are many gems that can come out of here, so it isn’t guaranteed that you’ll find a Ruby.
Stardew Valley: How to Get Aquamarine
Aquamarine is one of the six common gems that show up only after you reach a certain level in Stardew Valley’s Mines; here’s how to farm this valuable
How to Use a Ruby in Stardew Valley
Once you’ve found a Ruby, you might be wondering what exactly you can do with it besides selling it for a profit. This includes:
- Used in the Treasure Hunter’s Bundle in the Community Center Boiler Room (Remixed)
- Used at the Volcano Forge to increase the damage of any weapon
- Can be used to tailor a red shirt
- Can be used to complete a number of quests, including a few on the Help Wanted Board, Emily’s ‘Rock Rejuvenation’ quest on the Special Order Board, the Gem Birds Puzzle on Ginger Island
If you’ve unlocked the Remixed Community Center Bundles from starting a new game, you’ll definitely want to save a Ruby to complete the Treasure Hunter’s Bundle. Outside of this, Rubies are especially useful to increase the damage of your desired weapon when you visit the Volcano Forge in the Volcano Dungeon. You’ll also need 10 Cinder Shards to level them up for the first time.
You can also use Rubies to complete a few quests, especially on the Help Wanted and Special Order Boards. If you want to make a bit of extra money, you can sell your Rubies for up to 325g, making them a relatively profitable gem.
- February 26, 2016
- RPG , Simulation