- How to Teleport in Terraria
When exploring the world of Terraria, teleporting can greatly help you by reducing the time it takes to get from one location to another. There are many other ways to teleport in the game besides the classic teleport, which will only become available after defeating a boss.
Each method has its advantages and disadvantages, for example, some are one-time, some are reusable, some can be obtained earlier in the game, and others require you to progress through the game. In this guide, we will show you the different options for how to teleport in Terraria.
Bright And Colorful Indie Games
These indie games are not only fun to play, but are also visually striking in a variety of creative ways.
How to Teleport in Terraria
There are quite a few unique ways to teleport in the game, and in the list below you will see everything that will allow you to do so:
- Wormhole Potion
- Recall Potion and Magic Mirror
- Cell Phone
- Potion of Return
- Teleportation Potion
- Rod of Discord
- Portal Gun
- Magic Conch
- Demon Conch
Each of these items has its nuances, and if you don’t know about them, you may at best be disappointed with the result of teleportation, and at worst, you may harm yourself. For this reason, let’s have a closer look at each of them.
Terraria Mods That Make The Game Even Better
Terraria’s plenty of fun as-is, but these are the best mods to pop in if you’re looking to get even more out of it.
The first thing you need to know about the Teleporter is that you can only get it after you kill the Skeletron boss. After that, you have to find the Mechanic, which is usually located down in the Dungeon or the Cavern layer. Buying a Teleporter from this NPC will cost you 2 gold and 50 silver coins. With this item, you can quickly and unlimitedly move between different locations in the world without spending mana or coins. However, you may not even realize its full potential, so let’s talk more about how it works:
- To instantly travel around the world, you need to have at least two Teleporters and Wires to connect them. You can also create a whole system of Teleporters using Wires of different colors.
- The Teleporter is activated by triggers such as the Pressure Plate or Switch.
- The range of the Teleporter is 3×3 tiles. This means that when it is activated, all creatures such as players, NPCs, or enemies in the area will be teleported to the attached Teleporter.
- The teleporter works in both directions. So if a player or other kind of entity is within the range of one teleporter, when you activate another teleporter that is connected to it, you can teleport them to yourself.
With Wormhole Potion, you can teleport to any member of your team in multiplayer. Keep in mind, though, that this is a potion, which means you’ll use up one every time you teleport. However, you can stock up plenty of it in advance by making them at a Placed Bottle or Alchemy Table by using these resources:
- Bottled Water
- Specular Fish
Although you can make Wormhole Potion in both multiplayer and single-player, they can only drop as loot when you are playing with other players.
Recall Potion and Magic Mirror
Recall Potion and Magic Mirror have the same purpose, namely to teleport you to your spawn location. However, Recall Potion is a one-time use, with a much faster cast time, and Magic Mirror has an unlimited number of uses, but is a lot slower. Each of these options may work better in specific circumstances, so here’s how to get each of them:
- To get Recall Potion using the Placed Bottle or Alchemy Table, you need to combine Bottled Water, Specific Fish, and Deathweed or Daybloom. You can also get these potions by searching various chests and pots underground, or by killing slimes.
- To make a Magic Mirror, you need to place Glass, Diamonds, and Gold or Platinum Bars in the Furnace. Alternatively, you can try to find the Magic Mirror by searching for gold chests in the Underground and Cavern layers.
Terraria: How To Summon And Defeat Brain Of Cthulhu
Here’s how Terraria players can summon and defeat Brain of Cthulhu.
Just like the aforementioned Magic Mirror, the Cell Phone will also teleport you to your spawn location, but it has one extra feature. In addition to teleporting to your spawn point, you can also view various information such as movement speed, time, moon phase, weather, fishing power, and so on. This is not surprising, since this item is crafted by combining a Magic Mirror or Ice Mirror and a PDA at the Tinkerer’s Workshop.
If you loot Mirage Crates, Oasis Crates, or Sandstone Chests, you may find a Magic Conch. Like Magic Mirror, this item can be used an unlimited number of times, but it has a unique feature. When using this item, you can only teleport to the Ocean biome that is the farthest away from you.
If you’re lucky enough, while fishing in the lava, you might catch a Devil Conch. Like the aforementioned Conch, the Devil Conch will allow you to teleport an unlimited number of times. However, as with the previous option, it has its specific feature, namely that it will teleport you to the center of the Underworld.
Terraria: How To Summon And Defeat Queen Slime
The Queen Slime is an optional Terraria boss with a unique attack style and here’s how to defeat it.
By combining Cell Phone, Magic Conch, and Demon Conch in Tinkerer’s Workshop, you can make a Shellphone. This item can perform the functions of each of the items it is made of.
Potion of Return
Performing a very similar role to Recall Potion and Magic Mirror, Potion of Return doesn’t just return you to your spawn location. It also creates a portal that you can use once to teleport to the place where you used the potion.
Although the name is quite obvious, the point of using Teleportation Potion is not very clear, as it teleports you to a random and most of the time, unexplored location in the world. Don’t worry that you might end up in some dangerous terrain, as Teleportation Potion can only teleport you to a solid block, and thus you won’t take any damage from such hazards as Cactus Plants, Hellstone Bricks, Lava, Meteorite, Hellstone, Sand Blocks, Silt Blocks, Slush Blocks, Spikes, Thorny Bushes, Wooden Spikes. Of course, it can be useful for exploring new territories, but we strongly recommend not using it if you want to find your base.
Terraria: The 19 Best Cosmetic Items In The Game
Terraria has an amazing selection of cosmetic items for players to find. These are the best ones you can get.
Pylons are items that allow you to teleport to their related biomes. You can buy them from some NPCs, but for them to be available, they need to be happy, and you need to have another NPC near them. In the list below, we’ve shown you which NPCs you have to combine to get the corresponding Pylons:
- Cavern Pylon: Tavernkeep + Demolitionist
- Desert Pylon: Dye Trader + Arms Dealer
- Forest Pylon: Zoologist + Golfer
- Hallow Pylon: Wizard + Party Girl
- Jungle Pylon: Dryad and Painter and Witch Doctor
- Mushroom Pylon: Truffle and Guide
- Ocean Pylon: Pirate and Angler
- Snow Pylon: Mechanic and Goblin Tinkerer
You can only place Pylons in their corresponding biomes, and for them to work, there must be at least 2 alive and housed NPCs within a 169×124 tile radius.
The Rod of Discord
The Rod of Discord is a very rare item that can be dropped from Chaos Elementals only when you play in Hardmode. Using this item, you can teleport for short distances without spending mana. However, every time you use it, you will be affected by the Chaos State debuff for 6 seconds. This means that when you use Rod of Discord while the effect is active, you will take damage equal to one-seventh of your HP.
You will get the Portal Gun as a reward if you defeat the Moon Lord while in Hardmode. Using this gun, you can create one portal by pressing the Use/Attack button and another by pressing Interact. However, this item is intended for players and NPCs only, and you cannot teleport enemies with it. Once you’ve created two linked portals, you can instantly move between the two by touching them.
- PC , PS3 , PS4 , PS5 , Xbox 360 , Xbox One , Xbox Series S , Xbox Series X , Switch , Vita , iOS , Android , macOS , Linux , 3DS , Stadia
- May 16, 2011
- Action , Adventure , Sandbox