- Leatherface will receive a slight buff in the next update, allowing him to tear through obstacles more easily.
- The game developers have been regularly releasing updates to improve balancing, fix bugs, and address issues between the murderers and survivors in the asymmetrical multiplayer game.
- Other changes in the upcoming update include fixes to grappling mechanics, adjustments to Danny’s Level 3 Instant Study perk, and the re-addition of the slippery skill to Danny’s skill tree.
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre’s recent Muerto Times roadmap has revealed that one of the franchise’s favorite characters, Leatherface, is going to get a slight buff as part of the next game update. The update will also see a host of other improvements and changes brought to the game.
Released in August 2023 on PC and Xbox and Playstation consoles, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre is an asymmetrical multiplayer game in which three murderers attempt to hunt and kill four survivors. Since its launch, Sumo Nottingham and Gun Interactive have kept players abreast of future changes through its regular roadmap releases, called Muerto Times. The game has undergone a host of updates in the days since its launch, aimed at improving balancing between the two teams as well as fixing bugs and issues.
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: How To Feed Grandpa
Grandpa plays a pivotal role in the success of the Family’s murderous ways. Find out here how to feed him.
As an iconic part of the franchise, Leatherface has been the face of the game since The Texas Chain Saw Massacre‘s launch and Sumo Nottingham and Gun Interactive have announced that he will be getting a slight buff in the next update. The buff will see Leatherface being able to more easily and quickly tear through obstacles in his way, and is one of a host of changes being introduced. No date for the update has been given yet, but it shouldn’t be too far away as previous updates have enjoyed monthly releases.
Grappling between family members will no longer lead to instant kills and there will be changes to Danny’s Level 3 Instant Study perk, although specific details of this haven’t been released. Danny, who was added as part of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre‘s November update, will also see the slippery skill re-added to his skill tree while several exploits and balancing issues are being fixed.
Leatherface is the iconic face of franchise and, until a recent The Texas Chain Saw Massacre update, had to feature in every game. As well as removing the necessity for Leatherface’s inclusion, the character has had new costumes and other changes made to his character, and these most recent changes may see his inclusion in more battles. The game offers a slightly different take on the asymmetrical multiplayer genre made by popular by 1 versus 4 titles like Dead by Daylight thanks to its more balanced 3 versus 4 format. Asymmetrical titles are a fine balancing act, and it is to be expected that exploits and balancing issues need to be addressed along the way.
Texas Chain Saw Massacre Update Patch Notes
Fixes In Testing
Danny’s Instant Study
- Changes to Danny’s Level 3 Instant Study is currently a fix in testing.
- Family will no longer be able to isntantly execute Victims while they are in another grapple with another Family member.
Leatherface Destroys Faster!
- Leatherface will now destroy obstacles faster.
Grandpa Perks Saved!
- Changing out your Grandpa Perk will save your loadout.
Missing Fusebox Found
- Fusebox can now be seen in Johnny’s Shack on Nancy’s House while using Family Focus.
- Slippery has found its way back to Danny’s skill tree.
Familly Trapped No More
- Exploit where Victims could entrap Family players is being addressed.
Choose Flight, Bomb Squad, and More?
- Certain perks are being rebalanced.
Instant Start Leatherface
- Players with Instant Start will now start their chainsaws faster.
- Poisoned Claws is being rebalanced.
Thicker Blood Trails
- Blood trails will now be thicker.
New Language Translations
- Brazilian, Portuguese, and Russian translations will be added in.
- Report System Improvements
- Basement Fusedoor Notification
- Nancy Exploits
Needs More Info
- Spawn Point Issues
- Close Encounter Mini-Game Issues
- Crashing and Loading Issues
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
Inspired by the seminal 1970s horror movie, Sumo Nottingham’s The Texas Chain Saw Massacre is an asymmetrical PvP experience that pits a group of victims against a Slaughter Family representative. The game features iconic villains from the films like Leatherface, The Hitchhiker, and Grandpa.
- August 18, 2023
- Sumo Nottingham
- Gun Interactive