World of Warcraft Classic Season of Discovery Phase 2 adds a new type of character upgrade in the form of unlockable quality-of-life improvements.
- World of Warcraft Classic Season of Discovery Phase 2 introduces Skill Books, which provide convenient passive and active abilities for certain classes.
- Skill Books do not take up Rune slots and can be obtained as dungeon drops, allowing characters to use these abilities alongside their Runes.
- The upcoming update also includes a world PvP event and a new 10-man raid, expanding the World of Warcraft Classic experience.
World of Warcraft Classic Season of Discovery is adding new quality-of-life updates in Phase 2 in the form of Skill Books. These handy abilities do not take up Rune slots but will be able to make playing certain World of Warcraft classes much more convenient via new abilities and passives.
Phase 2 of World of Warcraft Classic Season of Discovery is about to go live. Arriving February 8, the second part of Season of Discovery raises the level cap to 40, introduces new Runes engravings to Belt and Boots for each class, and adds several ways for World of Warcraft SoD characters to level faster than before.
World of Warcraft Classic Season of Discovery Banning Problematic Raid Loot System
World of Warcraft Classic cracks down on a particular type of looting system used in raids on its Season of Discovery servers during Phase 2.
However, World of Warcraft is adding a new feature to Season of Discovery that will make playing certain classes much better. According to a recent blog post about WoW Season of Discovery Phase 2, Skill Books are a new type of character upgrade players can get as dungeon drops from various monsters throughout the game. Skill Books do not need to be inscribed on pieces of gear, meaning characters can use any of the passives and abilities they unlock alongside their Runes. Many of these techniques increase the duration and reduce the cost of buffs, help with resource management, or provide other helpful active abilities. World of Warcraft has teased Skill Books for the Paladin, Shaman, and Rogue so far, but players can expect to discover more spread across various classes in the next update.
Skill Books in WoW Classic Season of Discovery
- Grant passive and active quality-of-life abilities learned from items dropped by certain dungeon enemies.
- Enhanced Blessings extends the duration of Paladin blessing buffs.
- Totemic Projection allows Shamans to reposition their totems.
- Redirect lets Rogues move their combo points to other targets.
- Are separate from Runes and do not take up engraving slots on equipment.
- Arrive in WoW Classic Season of Discovery Phase 2 on February 8.
Many of these Skill Book abilities will be familiar to fans of modern WoW. Players on retail World of Warcraft servers enjoy quality-of-life improvements like longer character buffs, combo points bound to the Rogue rather than their target, and abilities that allow them to reposition their totems – none of which are normally available in Classic Era WoW. Many of these Skill Books seek to bridge that gap by bringing some modern convenience to the retro servers while preserving the Classic WoW experience by making them unlocks.
Skill Books aren’t the only new thing coming in Phase 2 of World of Warcraft Classic Season of Discovery. Players can look forward to a brutal world PvP event in Stranglethorn Vale called the Blood Moon, as well as Gnomeregan, the new 10-man raid instance available at level 40. Fans can explore all the new World of Warcraft secrets in Season of Discovery once the update goes live on February 8.
World of Warcraft
World of Warcraft is an incredibly successful MMORPG that has been going strong for almost two decades. It’s one of the highest-grossing franchises in history and is widely considered the most popular MMORPG ever made.
- November 23, 2004