- Hearthstone is celebrating its 10-year anniversary with an event that includes free cards and cosmetics, as well as a collaboration event with World of Warcraft.
- World of Warcraft players can participate in the Hearthstone event and earn special rewards, including the Fiery Hearthsteed mount.
- Hearthstone has big plans for the year, including a Core set update and three new expansions, despite discontinuing the Duels game mode.
Hearthstone just revealed its plans for the card game’s 10-year anniversary, including a collaboration event with World of Warcraft. Once the celebrations begin, players can score some free cards and cosmetics in Hearthstone, plus new collectibles in World of Warcraft, including the Fiery Hearthsteed mount.
March 11 marks 10 years since Hearthstone was first released. Blizzard’s Warcraft-inspired card game is celebrating the milestone in a big way, with an anniversary event, 13 brand-new cards given to all players for free, and several Twitch drops, alongside many other exciting updates coming in the near future.
Hearthstone Bans a Record Number of Bot Accounts
Hearthstone sends out a massive ban wave, permanently forbidding thousands of bots and bad actors from the Tavern in a record-breaking power play.
However, World of Warcraft fans have a lot of reasons to be excited about the Hearthstone anniversary as well. From March 11 through 18, players can enjoy a Hearthstone event in World of Warcraft. According to the blog post announcing Hearthstone’s anniversary plans, fans can seek out Hearthstone matches in the game’s capital cities, defeat iconic minions in special encounters, and earn special Hearthstone rewards. Additionally, players can get the Fiery Hearthsteed flying mount in WoW simply by logging into Hearthstone once between March 11 and May 14.
Hearthstone’s 10-Year Anniversary Celebration
- February 27
- An in-game anniversary event through March 19 featuring a special Coin and golden versions of 13 new cards, including the Legendary Harth Stonebrew.
- The normal versions of these cards will be given to players for free.
- March 1
- March 11
- A World of Warcraft collaboration event through March 18.
- The Fiery Hearthsteed WoW mount, earned by logging into Hearthstone before May 14.
- A Legendary Quest on to earn a new Hearthstone card back.
- A 30-track album of Hearthstone music is coming to Spotify, YouTube, and other music streaming services.
- Community Day Anniversary Celebration, full of free Twitch Drops.
The exact details of how the Hearthstone event in World of Warcraft will go are still shrouded in mystery, but players have an idea as to what rewards might be available. Fans have datamined a Hearthstone coin mount, a Sarge pet, and tons of other collectibles, including cosmetic transmog items and a 36-slot bag. Players can expect to learn how to get these collectibles once the event gets closer.
Hearthstone itself has big plans for the year as well. It has already announced the Year of the Pegasus, which includes a Core set update and three new expansions. Though Hearthstone is discontinuing the Duels game mode, the card game is still going strong as it enters its second decade of live service.
Hearthstone is a free-to-play digital trading card game from Blizzard and features many characters from the World of Warcraft universe.
- March 11, 2014
- Digital Card Game
- T for Teen: Alcohol Reference, Blood, Fantasy Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes