- WWE 2K24 features three editions, each with different cover stars and bonus content. It includes the Standard Edition with Cody Rhodes, Deluxe Edition with Bianca Belair and Rhea Ripley, and Forty Years of WrestleMania Edition with a host of legends.
- WWE 2K24 introduces new match types, gameplay improvements, and features. It includes Special Guest Referee, Ambulance Match, Casket Match, and Gauntlet Matches. The game also includes new Super Finishers, improved Backstage Brawls, and the ability to throw weapons.
- WWE 2K24 offers an array of game modes, including 2K Showcase focusing on WrestleMania, MyGM Mode with new features, MyRISE Mode featuring two storylines, MyFACTION Mode with a revamped Faction Wars 2.0, and Universe Mode with expanded Rivalry actions.
WWE 2K24 has officially been revealed by 2K and Visual Concepts following tons of anticipation around its teased announcement, and while the jury is still out on the game for obvious reasons, the reveal definitely lives up to the hype. From a WrestleMania-based Showcase to multiple WWE 2K24 cover stars, there’s a lot to unpack in this year’s entry.
There are three editions of WWE 2K24, including the Standard Edition which puts “The American Nightmare” Cody Rhodes on the cover. The Deluxe Edition features Bianca Belair and Rhea Ripley on the cover, which is the first game/edition in the series to ever feature two female superstars on the cover. Finally, there’s the Forty Years of WrestleMania Edition which features a host of legends on its cover: Andre the Giant, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, The Rock, John Cena, Bret “Hitman” Hart, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Becky Lynch, Roman Reigns, Bianca Belair, and Charlotte Flair. The Standard Edition releases March 8, while the Special Editions release three days earlier on March 5. Read on for full details on game modes, improvements, editions, and more.
WWE 2K23 Locker Codes (January 2024)
In this article, players will find all available WWE 2K23 locker codes.
WWE 2K24 is a Big Upgrade From WWE 2K23
WWE 2K24 Gameplay Screenshots
Alongside every match type fans could enjoy in WWE 2K23, WWE 2K24 will feature four more highly-requested match types: Special Guest Referee, Ambulance Match, Casket Match, and Gauntlet Matches. Several existing match types get direct improvements, while all will benefit from the general gameplay improvements in WWE 2K24. Backstage Brawls, for example, now support four-players and feature new environmental elements, such as a working elevator, breakable glass, and a vending machine with throwable sodas. The Royal Rumble will also support eight online players in a 30-man online matches.
On top of that, WWE 2K24 introduces Super Finishers, a new mini-game for Trading Blows between wrestlers, the ability to top rope dive into a group of opponents outside the ring, double title matches, new Paybacks, new weapon types (trash cans, guitars, and microphones), and the ability to throw weapons. Seven real-world WWE referees are also in the game, taking the immersion up a notch. WWE 2K24‘s Character Creation Suite also promises to be the “best-in-class, most detailed and robust creation suite” the franchise offers, including new support for Create-a-Referee and Create-a-Sign, as well as new parts and animations across the board for everything from Superstars and GMs to entrances and championships. There are also improvements to the visuals and camera shots available throughout the game.
Peacock Promotion: New subscribers get 1 month of Peacock at no extra cost (a $5.99 value) with purchase of any edition of WWE 2K24 by April 14, 2024. Promotional code must be redeemed between March 12 and May 31, 2024. After offer ends, plan auto-renews at the then-current retail price (plus tax) until canceled by subscriber. Eligibility restrictions and terms apply. See https://www.peacocktv.com/offer-terms/2k for full terms, availability, redemption, and cancellation instructions.
WWE 2K24 Game Modes
2K Showcase…of the Immortals
Instead of focusing on an individual superstar’s career as WWE 2K23 did with John Cena, this year’s showcase is focused on WrestleMania and celebrates The Grandest Stage of Them All. WWE 2K‘s Slingshot Tech unsurpisingly returns, enabling players to morph from gameplay to live-action footage mid-match. Visual Concepts and 2K has yet to confirm which matches will appear in the WWE 2K24 Showcase.
WWE 2K24 MyGM Mode
As expected, WWE 2K24‘s MyGM Mode will have new features and improvements over last year’s. There’s still a lot to learn about this mode alongside the others, but for now, players can expect the following:
- New GMs and Brands
- More Match Types
- More Dramas
- More Championships
- Talent Scouts
- Superstar Trading between brands
- Superstar Contact Management improvements
- The New Superstar Journey, which allows Superstars to earn XP, train, and level up for new benefits after matches.
WWE 2K24 MyRISE Mode
WWE 2K24‘s MyRISE Mode will feature two storylines, one focused on the men’s division and one focused on the women’s division, again. The Men’s storyline is called Undisputed, while the Women’s storyline is called Unleashed. The dev and publisher promise that MyRISE is “more impactful” on the overall experience than ever before, featuring the likes of Roman Reigns, Cody Rhodes, Mick Foley, and others performing voiceover for the first time. It also features expanded rewards, more unlockables, and new environments. What exactly the two stories entail remains to be seen, but it’s easy to imagine that Undisputed has something to do with rising to Roman Reigns status as a custom character, while Unleashed may be similar to Becky Lynch’s story of elevating the women’s division and showcasing their raw potential.
WWE 2K24 MyFACTION Mode
MyFACTION returns with a new direct purchase card market and updated multiplayer experience, including ranked online QuickPlay with rewards and leaderboards, Weekly Towers, and a revamped Faction Wars 2.0. The latter includes the following:
- More real-world factions
- More 4v4 match types
- Faction Wars-specific reward shop.
Players can also expect new card packs and goals with seasonal content refreshes.
WWE 2K24 Universe Mode
Universe Mode returns with expanded Rivalry actions (run-ins, cash-ins, scenarios, and brawls), new cut scenes, Special Guest Referee support, Double Title matches, and a Loser Leaves Town stipulation.
WWE 2K24 Standard, Deluxe, and Forty Years of WrestleMania Editions
- WWE 2K24 Standard Edition
- Cover Star: Cody Rhodes
- Price: $59.99 for PS4 and Xbox One, $69.99 for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S
- Cross-Gen Digital Edition will be available for $69.99
- Release Date: March 8
- Pre-Order Bonus: The Nightmare Family Pack (The “Undashing” masked Cody, Stardust, 1976 version of Duty Rhodes, and one of Dusty’s greatest rivals, “Superstar” Billy Graham) and additional MyFaction Content:
- Mattel “Bruised” Cody Rhodes Gold Rarity Card
- Cody’s dog Pharoah as a Gold Rarity Manager Card
- All Digital Pre-Orders of ANY WWE 2K24 edition also receives the standard edition of WWE 2K23.
- WWE 2K24 Deluxe Edition
- Cover Stars: Bianca Belair and Rhea Ripley
- Price: $99.99 for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S
- Release date: March 5
- This edition includes the Standard Cross-Gen Edition, Nightmare Family Pack, and Season Pass (all 5 post-launch DLC content packs).
- It also includes the MyRISE Mega-Boost and SuperCharger, the Gold Rarity Rhea Ripley MyFACTION Card, Gold Rarity Bianca Belair MyFACTION Card, and alternate attires for both cover stars.
- WWE 2K24 Forty Years of WrestleMania Edition
- Cover Stars: Andre the Giant, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, The Rock, John Cena, Bret “Hitman” Hart, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Becky Lynch, Roman Reigns, Bianca Belair, and Charlotte Flair.
- Price: $119.99 for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S
- Release Date: March 5
- Includes all content found in Standard Cross-Gen Edition and Deluxe Edition
- Also includes the Forty Years of WrestleMania Pack, which features several alternative attires for available superstars.
- “Macho King” Randy Savage (WrestleMania 6)
- Rey Mysterio (WrestleMania 22)
- Triple H (WrestleMania 30)
- Charlotte Flair (WrestleMania 33)
- Rhea Ripley (WrestleMania 36)
- Gold Rarity MyFACTION cards for each
- Instantly unlocks all playable Showcase characters
- The WrestleMania 40 Arena, which will be available after launch.
Cody Rhodes on Being Named a WWE 2K24 Cover Star
“I’ve been known to keep a checklist of key milestones I want to experience on the path to finishing my story. As an avid gamer, being named WWE 2K cover Superstar is very, very close to the top of that list and I’m very happy to work with the teams at 2K and Visual Concepts to bring that dream to life.”
Bianca Belair on Being Named a WWE 2K24 Cover Star
“This is an incredible milestone in my career and I’m so excited to show the world why WWE 2K24 is a must-have and the EST game for every WWE fan and gamer.”
Rhea Ripley on Being Named a WWE 2K24 Cover Star
“I’ve proven myself to be the most dominant competitor to ever hold the WWE Women’s World Championship. Earning the accolade of WWE 2K24 cover Superstar is only fitting, and I’m proud to add it to my list of accomplishments.”
WWE 2K24 Roster: Every Superstar Confirmed So Far
WWE 2K24 will feature a roster of over 200 Superstars, including those available at launch, as DLC, via unlocks in the game, and so forth. Based on Cover Stars, gameplay shots, and information from 2K and Visual Concepts, the following superstars are confirmed for the game as of this writing:
- Cody Rhodes
- Bianca Belair
- Rhea Ripley
- Andre the Giant
- Stone Cold Steve Austin
- Hulk Hogan
- Brock Lesnar
- The Undertaker
- The Rock
- John Cena
- Bret “Hitman” Hart
- Triple H
- Shawn Michaels
- Becky Lynch
- Roman Reigns
- Charlotte Flair
- Kurt Angle
- “Macho Man” Randy Savage
- Rey Mysterio
- Solo Sikoa
- Kevin Owens
- Randy Orton
WWE 2K24: Is CM Punk Going to Be in the Game?
Probably one of the biggest questions on everyone’s mind is if CM Punk will be available in WWE 2K24. As of this writing, he has not been confirmed one way or another, but given his popularity, fans can reasonably expect 2K and Visual Concepts to address if he has a role in the game before launch. Given the time between CM Punk’s return at SurvivorSeries and the release of WWE 2K24, as well as any potential contract involvements, it would not be surprising to see him left off this roster. Making CM Punk a DLC addition could be feasible, however.
Nothing is confirmed for WrestleMania 40 yet, but WWE seems to be moving in the direction of an already hotly-anticipated CM Punk vs. Seth Rollins for the World Heavyweight Championship match. It would be a shame if this could not be recreated in a game celebrating forty years of WrestleMania, but ultimately, fans should keep their expectations in check.
WWE 2K24‘s standard edition releases March 8, 2024, for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. The Deluxe and Forty Years of WrestleMania editions release on March 5 for the same platforms.