- Xbox Game Pass had a strong January 2024 with a variety of new game releases.
- The final new game added in January is Brotato, a top-down roguelite shooter where players control a fighting potato.
- In February 2024, subscribers can look forward to Persona 3 Reload and other upcoming games like Anuchard and PlateUp being added to Xbox Game Pass.
Microsoft updates its Xbox Game Pass lineup to add Brotato to the mix. Xbox Game Pass has had a surprisingly strong January when it comes to new game releases. Past years have seen Xbox Game Pass additions slow down considerably at the start of the year, but 2024 appears to be a big exception to the rule.
The first half of January 2024 saw the addition of Close to the Sun, Hell Let Loose, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Figment, Super Mega Baseball 4 for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers, We Happy Few, the Resident Evil 2 remake, and Those Who Remain. While the first half of January 2024 was light on day one releases, it made up for it with high-quality older games like AC Valhalla and RE2. The second half of January has largely been defined by open world survival game Palworld, joined by F1 23 on Game Pass Ultimate and day one game Go Mecha Ball, itself earning mostly positive reviews.
Xbox Game Pass Subscribers Should Keep an Eye on February 6
Xbox Game Pass subscribers on PC, Xbox One, and Series X should make sure that they keep an eye on Tuesday, February 6.
Now the final new Xbox Game Pass game for January 2024 has been added, with subscribers able to play Brotato across the cloud, Xbox consoles, and PC. For those unfamiliar with the game, Brotato is a top-down roguelite shooter where players take on the role of a potato that fights aliens. Brotato earned somewhat mixed reviews from critics, but its Steam user rating is “Overwhelmingly Positive.” If the Steam rating is any indication, Brotato is definitely something Xbox Game Pass subscribers should try when they get the chance.
All the New Xbox Game Pass Games for January 2024
- Close to the Sun – January 3
- Hell Let Loose – January 4
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – January 9
- Figment – January 9
- Super Mega Baseball 4 (Game Pass Ultimate/EA Play) – January 11
- We Happy Few – January 11
- Resident Evil 2 – January 16
- Those Who Remain – January 16
- Turnip Boy Robs a Bank – January 18
- F1 23 (Game Pass Ultimate/EA Play) – January 18
- Palworld – January 19
- Go Mecha Ball – January 25
- Brotato – January 30
The addition of Brotato to Xbox Game Pass brings an end to the January 2024 additions, but there’s plenty to look forward to in February. The first new Xbox Game Pass game for February 2024 is coming on February 2, with Persona 3 Reload set to join the service as a day one game. Persona 3 Reload has earned rave reviews from critics and so should make an excellent addition to the Game Pass library. It will replace the previously-available Persona 3 Portable, which was removed from Xbox Game Pass not long ago.
All Xbox Game Pass Games Confirmed for February 2024 So Far
- Persona 3 Reload – February 2
- Anuchard – February 6
- PlateUp – February 15
As far as the other Xbox Game Pass games for February 2024, Anuchard is coming on February 6, while co-op game PlateUp has been confirmed for February 15. Open Roads was previously announced for a February 22 release date, but it was unfortunately delayed to March 28.
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is the highest tier of Microsoft’s flagship game subscription service that offers over 100 game titles that you can play with a single purchase, making it one of the most outstanding value propositions of the Xbox ecosystem to date.